You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Microsoft Office

What is the Difference between Microsoft 2007 and 2010?

What is the Difference between Microsoft 2007 and 2010?
    Hi,

Office 2007 is the old version and Office 2010 is the latest version. There are lot of improvements and new features are available office 2010 compared to the previous version.

Built in screen capture will allows you to capture the screen instead of using a 3rd party software.

Background image removal is another new feature that will remove the background image and add you own image or text in the background

Protected mode is one of the features and it will allow you to open the word documents in protected mode, you can make the document as trusted in order to avoid protected mode.

Smart art feature is a improved template like Clip art which is also available in Office 2007

Author permission is one of the new entries in office 2010 which is previously known as protected document now as restricted editing.

Document options in Office 2010 are completed revamped. It has good look and feel as well as new options.

Printing options can be launched from Office 2010 instead of settings the option from printer wizard from control panel.

Jump list and hide ribbon and many more interesting features available in Office 2010 makes it very comfortable to work.
    Download office 2010 from the below site and feel the difference.
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/products/

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

Hello Brajmohan Panda,

Microsoft Office 2010 is the latest version of Office. It has a lot of improved functionality in many areas. When Office 2007 was introduced, the ribbon was introduced in the user interface for Access 2007, Excel 2007, Word 2007 and few parts of Outlook 2007. So the user interface changed from a collection of menus to a single ribbon interface. The ribbon is also available in all products of Office 2010 so it is seamless to move from one application to another. The Office 2010 background is grey in color where as Office 2007 background color is blue.

Raghav

Hi friends,

I didn't have used Microsoft Office 2010 as I am still stick to the 2007 version which is fairly good and have lot of more features than its previous version MS-Office 2003. But its good to hear that this latest version is one step ahead of 2007 version.

I am going to use this very soon in my computer system.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.