We all know that the damage is done. But it was not technology which has done the massacre, it is the twisted preferences of the human society which puts illogical greed in front of the simple logic of survival. Technology is only a tool which you can make use for whatever you would be doing. It is only a way of reducing manual tasks into automated ones.
So, if technology has helped in destroying the paradise, it would be the only one, which can help in retrieving it back. How?
1. Technology has already done a good job in tracking, identifying and record keeping. So technology can help tracking the number of tree felling in an area, it can keep record of the pollution level of a particular place and can create alert and help in identifying the culprits.
2. It can invent methodology of making constructions without interfering with the natural resources.
3. Agricultural science and technology have joined hands where big trees can be transplanted to another place. So even if a particular place needs to be vacated, the trees of that place could be saved through transplantation.
4. Social media is also a part of modern technology, and through this we can create wonders by spreading awareness among people on this issue.
5. Solar and other renewable energies can save the planet from further damage and that can be incorporated with the construction industry. That will help in reducing the network of wiring in the city, because of which a huge amount of trees are sacrificed.
6. Lastly, in this thread itself, though we all have expressed our different opinions, we all share a common attitude towards the current situation. And it is evident that many more will be out there who share the same view about this menacing real estate, as we do. So can't we join hands and outnumber these self-destructive people and stop them doing further damage to the world?