You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Bing Search
- #23239Bing is default search engine on Microsoft devices and operating system. For example Bing comes default search on phones. Also Windows Edge has Bing default. And previously IE had Bing as default search engine.
However some of the interesting features on Phone for Google are more effective than Bing. For example Cortana could use Bing or Google depending on your search setting. However you don't need cortana for searching on android. Similarly many small tweaks on desktop search are more effective with Google. Bing just replicates everything that Google does. One feature that keeps Bing different from google is the wallpaper that changes everyday on their search. Also They are more accurate for some of the local searches.
If you are a family and don't want some keywords to be searched then you'd find bing better. As bing puts self censorship in asia region and you have to either login to profile or set the region to US to access those type of keywords.
I'd say Bing is useful. It has it's place. And besides bing being used by other search engines lik ask, duckduckgo and others. I'd say Google definitely deserves such competition to innovate.
- #23240As far as my personal needs are concerned, I do not use Bing much. However, it is completely dependent on your personal requirements to zero in on which search engine you would wish to use.
Both Bing and Google have their own set of pros and cons.
1. Google provides more informative and relevant search whle Bing lags behind. The quality search engine result pagees is lot better on Google.
2. Bing gas better social network integration. It has closely built in connectivity with Facebook and Twitter. Google relies mostly on Google+.
3. Instant search ( the suggestions provided by search engines as you type in the query) is better in Google than on Bing. Google provides faster instant search results.
4. The search results page is more attractive visually on Bing.
Live....and Let Live!
- #23243Mahesh brought out an interesting feature of Bing - about self-censorship. Thanks for that info. I was not aware of it.
- #23246Yeah certainly Bing is popular. But even I first look for Google, but if I am using someone else's computer and Chrome is not installed there, I go for Bing.
Previously I used to use Yahoo search, but from my layman's experience, Yahoo search finds lesser results about Indian stuff in comparison to Bing. Here I am not talking about Google, as that is beyond comparison.
- #23274Due to great advancement in Google's technology, people are not looking towards other search engines. But Microsoft played clever and integrated Bing in Windows 10. Being World's most popular search engine everyone was installing it. Windows 10 came with Cortana which was similar to Siri. Unlike Siri, Cortana used Bing instead of Google increasing around 200% traffic on Bing. After opting Windows 10 many basic users are now using Bing for daily tasks. Still Bing needs to be more evolved with better functionality to attract visitors.
I am currently pursuing High School and planning to pursue career in Computer. Currently, I work on one of my blog - JTech Articles.