You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Social Networks

Can social networks be the next hiring tool for consultants and employers?

Can companies, employers, recruiters, can take advantage of technology forums, social networks for hiring candidates.
    That is the biggest possibility indeed. I would not be surprised to see the current kind of interviews going into oblivion soon.
    Live....and Let Live!

Its not the next thing but in present it is the first thing. Presently many companies looks your social profile before hiring you and i have read many articles on same topic. You must have to keep your social profile clean and clear.
    I am not telling that each and every company is following this in present days but many giant companies are following and check your social profile before hiring you and top level posts. In UK and USA most of the companies looking candidates social profiles before hiring them. In India also this procedure has started but it will take some time to be on the track of USA and UK.

Yes, indeed. Most of the employers search for your name by googling up. It pulls all your social profiles including Facebook, twitter, linked in or what not. Make it a habit to spruce up your social profile before applying for a new job. Try to keep your professional and personal identities completely separate.
    Can the members suggest the best ways to be impressive socially from the jobs point of view?

Live....and Let Live!

It is not just your profile page at a site like LinkedIn which is important. Your behaviour at a public social network site too could be under the scanner, namely how you interact with others in a social community group. Prospective employers may not like your over aggressive behaviour or over-the-top boasting.
    Regards,
    Vandana

Yup, it's most possible one. Linked in is best ex of it,

Surya, please do not pull threads that older than a month. It would be treated as a violation of site policies. Please take care in future.
    Live....and Let Live!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.