Forum threads and responses - post wisely and wellThe forum is a great platform for swapping views & discussing varied topics. Do use it wisely and well.
A few Don'ts:
1. Do not put your name at the end of each forum thread or response or any salutation, quote, design, etc. Use the forum footer at your Dashboard page. If using a quote, put in a short one. Your forum footer should preferably not exceed 3 lines.
2. Do not needlessly post more than one congratulatory response in threads where winners are announced. You can always edit the first response and add whatever more you wished to say in that response itself rather than putting multiple wishes.
3. Do not repeat something which has already been informed in a previous response by another member unless you wish to add some additional details.
4. Avoid a lengthy sentence with lot of punctuation for no reason. At the same time, do not put excessive sentences merely to lengthen the response.
5. Do not pull up very old threads to respond. If you wish to express an opinion or give your views/suggestions for an old thread, post a new thread and in the text give a link to the old thread as a reference point.
A few Do's
1. When submitting a query or complaint about one of your posts, do give the URL of the page for quicker review & feedback.
2. When submitting a thread, do select the correct category of the forum.
To be brief: Be precise, be concise!