You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Complaints

Restricted access for me in AE section.

I have been served a restricted access in AE section. The reason given is that more than 5 of my posts in the section have been rejected in last 5 days. Please note that this is a case of multiple posts that happens because of slow Internet connectivity at my location. I have not intentionally violated the site rules. I request the editors/ webmasters to take note of my track record on TEC and lift the restriction so that I would be able to post responses in the relevant section.
    The double/multiple post has been annoying me because it happens every time I edit my response/post.

Just wish to see the restriction gone soon.
    Still waiting for response from the webmaster/s. I have a few responses to post in the AE section and am deprived of it because of this restriction. Please take not of it.
    Live....and Let Live!

I visited your profile but could not see any kind of restrictions imposed. Please recheck whether you are still unable to post in that section. If yes then wait for webmaster to respond.
    Regards,
    Mehdi

No, not yet able to post in the section. I just want to make it clear that it is just a network error and not an intentional violation of rules. How many days will it r are to lift the restriction?
    Live....and Let Live!

This is what I am getting while trying to post in AE section.
    Live....and Let Live!

Delete Attachment

Timmappa,
    If you have Net connectivity problems, I would advise that you should check first if your first answer did get posted or not. Don't be hasty to again hit the submit button or re-post the answer in case you got logged out or there is some slow loading of the page. Since you have posted the same answer two or more times, these naturally got deleted. Consequently you are automatically restricted from answering further because of the slew of rejected answers.

Now what you need to do is simply wait for the 5 days restriction period to get over & then try posting an answer again.

Some further advice: if you see a forum thread where a query has been posted which would be better to be submitted in the AE section, then don't respond there giving this suggestion. What happens is that the thread will get shifted to the AE section. So then again your response gets rejected as it is not relevant as an AE response. Hence what you could do in such a case is to send the suggestion to the member to submit the query in the AE section rather than putting the suggestion to him/her in that forum thread.

Regards,
    Vandana

Try to post again and see if you are able to do so......

Thank you Vandana madam for your valuable suggestions. I will take care to follow them henceforth.
    @Prashant bhai, I am still not able to post in the section. Seems no way left except waiting for 4 more days.
    By the way why did you ask.me this? Are you trying to lift my restriction?

Live....and Let Live!

This is an automatic restriction. So, it is not reflecting in your profile when editors check for it. You have no other option than to wait for 4 more days. Also you should keep in consideration the tips given by Vandana mam so that you may not face such restrictions in future. You are really a great contributor to this website and having the restrictions on you is not profitable to techulator. So, be careful for such duplications in future. :-)
    Regards,
    Mehdi

My bad luck indeed. So no way left for me except waiting for 4 more days.
    Live....and Let Live!

My restriction stays even today. Will there be a respite anytime soon? How many days do I need to wait?
    Looks like I will lose my first place in the AE section this month! So bad of me, indeed.

Live....and Let Live!

Timmappa,
    There is really no need to constantly reiterate the same thing. We did say to wait for 5 days and then check. You posted this thread on the 18th so I think you need to wait till 23rd and try posting on 24th. If after the 5 days are over you are still unable to post, then only you should intimate the Webmasters again.

Regards,
    Vandana

Timmappa Kamat,
    I hope you get back soon on Ask Expert section. As you were the active member in that section and your posts were of high quality. You were the best Ask Expert super star last month and I know you would have posted much great content in your these five days suspension from this section.

Regards,
    Aman

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Regards,
    Aman

I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.

The restriction has been undone! So trying to be back on track in the section. Thanks to all those who shared my sorrow!
    Live....and Let Live!

This incident helped me to understand that the rejected answer in Ask Experts section may lead to the temporary posting restriction. Previously I was not knowing this fact. By the way, congrats for getting posting permission again.

And I am trying to back to what I had been missing all thru these 5 days. Because AE is my forte.
    Live....and Let Live!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.