You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: MS SQL Server

Discuss: Which is better database software?

This thread is to discuss the opinion poll topic 'Which is better database software?'.
    Hi Vaibhav,

I will go with Oracle is the best database software. It have all the feature which you needed for you database. It is easy to use ad easy to install as well. You can easy work on this. You can use simple sql query in oracle.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant Sultania

Hi,

I too go with Oracle. Oracle Database is far better than Sql server. Sql server is easy to use, But oracle is the best, Most of us are using sql server is because the cost of Oracle products is more compared to sql server. Sql server can support only windows whereas Oracle will be supports for multiple platforms. Sql server is easier to install and manage. Oracle is difficult to install.PL/SQL is powerful than the T-SQL. Cost is the major factor why many companies and client are not using Oracle products.

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

Hello Vaibhav,

I vote for Microsoft SQL Server. It is the best according to me.

Best of luck
    PAMELA

www.kitu13.blogspot.com/

Choice of database will depend on may factors

Few of the major factors are
    1. Application that you are using

2. Security

3. Cost of License

4. Ease of Use

5. Cost of Managing/Maintaining/Support

I Choose Ms Access if the database size Small and MS SQL SERVER
    if the database size is huge

Chandranath

I think MS SQL Server . this is more user friendly.

I propose MSSQL. Its something like Nokia which is user friendly and has high end features which most of the people like. :)

hello,

I will go with the Oracle database as it will provides the customers with all the commands and queries that will be required in the companies for carrying out various operations at large scale.

The database which is prepared can also have high security level as it is difficult for the unknown user to access the data without the permission of user which has made it.

The search operations through which we can even search the name of the person for carrying out the operation of updation in a less time with some high speed.

Chirag Sachdeva

hi,

There are many database softwares are available today.but the Oracle is the best in my opinion.because it has so many features like platform independent and so.

Tech News and more...
    Visit,

I have worked with MSSQL and MySQL as database as these database Servers are primarily used by the webhosting companies as they are quite easy to manage and maintain... but recently while reading about Oracle I found it quite interesting as it provide much more features as compared to MSSQL or MySQL...
    --
    Thanks and Best Regards,
    Milind Mohan Koyande

Hi ,

SQL is good database friend !

Thanks and Regards

Rajkumar Pomaji

Vaibhav,

I vote for Microsoft SQL Server database. I feel it is the best database ever available.

Raghav

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.