Yes, we can differentiate these two languages. They are similiar and one derived from another. Let's look the Main differences below.
- Simply, C++ is easier to use than C, with Object Oriented Programming (OOP Concept)
- C++ is derived from C, for making the programs more efficient, simple, and error free.
- Object Oriented Programming concept means The program are related to real world entities.
- Both C and C++ are used to make applications, but, C++ is simpler to use and much easier to understand.
I think you got The Main Differences between C and C++ Programming Languages. Just ask without any hesitations if you have any doubts regarding this.
Thanks & Regards,
All I Can Do Is Be Me!
in C , Follow the procedure of the program step by step to accomplish the task.it is just like strict discipline.
but in C++
remember the task and do it in any way you want.
1. C++ is derived from the C89 language, and hence supports all the features of C language added before the 1989,
features added after the 1989 and that are standardized in 1999 as C99 are not supported in C++.
2. The extra features of the C++ are added from simula language (the encapsulation in the class concept) ..
3. the structures concept of the C and C++ language is also different as we cannot declare functions in C structure but can declare in the C++ structures.
others are the class concept. polymorphism and inheritance all newer than C.
C language is considered most suitable language for designing device drivers software, as these software need to be extremely small C is Dominant here.
next reason is C language is not a high level language at all , it is so called the middle level language,that means the execution of a C code is so fast just similar to (approx...) assembly language programs.
so this gives a very faster way to interact the device if the drivers are written in the C language.
next is the comparison in between the C and C++ is just worthless, (as there no comparison between the parents and child)
the whole C language is included in the C++,
the need of the C++ is experienced while developing applications with object oriented issues, the C language failed to give the solutions properly.
means if the problem is solved by the C language, problems are in interface, or C will loose its power of speed as the program went longer ,or the less control of the data flow.
C++ is all about securing data and manipulating it in the way , it is needed.
C++ is used to develop secured applications like banking software etc.
C language is a procedural language whereas C++ is a object oriented language.
C language uses top down approach whereas C++ uses bottom up approach.
In C printf() is used for output and scanf() is used for input whereas in C++ cout<< is used for output and cin >>is used for input.
Data hiding is not possible in C but it is possible to do so in C++.
Inheritance and Polymorphism is not possible in C++ but possible in C++.
You cannot overload operators in C language whereas it is possible to do so in C++.
C++ language is simpler to learn and use as compared to C++.
Hope this solves your query.
Thanks & Regards
"Winners don't do different things, they just do things differently"