You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Errors

Error 0xc000007b on new windows 7 nd windows 8

My harddisk crashes,so I bought a new harddisk of same company(samsung) and installed windows 7(64 bit) on it with the windows disk,i get with my laptop.Everything works fine except whenever I try to run crack files it keeps popping "Application was unable to start correctly(error 0xc000007b)".

So,I format my C drive nd install windows 8.1(64-bit) in it and update all drivers nd windows but again it keep saying same error.

PS-Does windows don't remove registry files of win 7 while formatting C drive to install windows 8 ?
    It mostly happens when an Operating System's setup is missing some files.

Or try booting a tested operating system (via CD/USB) and format drive C in the way of its install. By that the old registry will get replaced by new one!

Both the OS I tried were genuine,so their is less chance of missing any file.
    I had formatted windows 7 while installing windows 8..

Look, if you format the drive with common method, some files with still remain and that are the registry files. Try formatting the drive in the way of booting the Operating System after the laptop turns on! If you don't have booting a CD/USB enabled, you can do so in BIOS settings.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.