You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Policies & Guidelines

Don't repeat what a forum thread reflects!

Members,
    Thought I must inform you about a big mistake which you do while writing a response to a certain forum thread, here in forums section.

Till date I have seen many members who copy the common sense of a thread. I mean to say, for example; if Webmaster Hafeez announces MOW award winner and do writes in there "This week the MOW award goes to # for an outstanding contribution. Congratulations to # for MOW award and best of luck members for next time.", then why a member feels some kind of a sixth sense and repeats the same in his/her response to that very thread. Just like someone responded as "Congratulations # for receiving the Member of the Week Award from #date-#date".

And see what a member has come up with MOM award winning thread; "My heartiest congratulations to you on this greatest occasion for winning the member of the week award from this site."

It doesn't make any sense or say, a certain member tries to gain more and more points in order to get eligible for SCOM award (Super Contributors of the Month). Please stop practicing as such. It creates an atmosphere of boredom and uncomfortableness among the readers.

Very well I appreciate the positive and to the point responses of some members for any forum thread. See how one among those manage the atmosphere of MOW and of MOM award winner thread, very below:

MOW: "Congratulation and good job!"
    MOM: "Hearty congratulations."

I hope that you will act upon every good and positive point from the above concern.
    Thanks Fazl for pointing out the mistakes and I hope the members will keep this in mind when they respond to the upcoming forum threads. You can also find that some of the members are responding to old threads to earn points. It will be more appreciateable if the editors lock threads which are outdated.
    Sharing is Caring

Aneez, thanks for a suggestion. But I don't think members are interested in answering too old forum threads. Still I will take care of that!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.