You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Complaints

Article deleted after editor asked for changes to it

Hello editors and webmaster,
    For the first time, two of my articles got deleted in Techulator. One of those articles was on the topic "How to select a good wi-fi router for establishing wireless network at home?" It was once kept under pending state for which the concerned resource editor asked me to change the way I had written WiFi throughout the article. Once, I made the changes, there were no other changes suggested and the article got deleted today after being in "submitted" stage for 14 days (with half a day spent in "pending" state). The reason given for deletion is "Multiple articles on this topic already exist in TEC".

Now, I had searched for this topic before writing the article and found that the last written article on this topic was in 2012. So, as technology changes quite frequently, I chose to write this article in January 2014 with latest information and updates. My question is "Why did the editor not delete the resource during the first check itself instead of asking me to waste time in making changes to the resource that was going to be deleted?"

Kindly check the concerned link as given below:
    How to select a good wi-fi router for establishing wireless network at home?

Please let me know your views about this. Many Thanks in advance!
    Bhakti,

The article still has many mistakes and more than that, it doesn't add any more value than the existing articles. When you post articles on existing topics, such articles must add more value.

Hello Tony,
    Thanks for your prompt answer. I completely understand your point. My only concern was why it wasn't deleted at the first instance itself which would have saved some time for me (as I was asked to modify usage of a word "WiFi" in different ways throughout the article) and the editor as well.

Henceforth, I will try to ensure that I pick up more unique topics to write articles on Techulator.

Thanks & Best Regards,
    Bhakti Savla

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.