Initiatives taken by your state goverment for the development of IT in your area

I like to start a discussion with a topic related to IT. Every day we saw news paper cuttings which are pointing out that our IT sector is growing day by day. But I like to find out what kind of programmes were conducted by different state governments for the development of IT sector in their rural areas. I am from Kerala and I know some programmes which are conducted by Kerala goverment for providing a basic knowledge about computer and internet. In my opinion it will not help the elders but it will surely help the new generation. They started new program named Akshaya-e for help the people living in rural as well as urban areas. You can study the basics of computer from these organisations in very low cost. Goverment also took initiative to provide better IT knowledge by providing scholarships for almosts all students especially for girls for continuous IT studies in Kerala.

So I like to hear your opinions about the topic "Initiatives taken by your state goverment for the development of IT in your area" . One of the good performer will get a Gift from our Gift shop.

This thread will be active up to December 23rd 2013 and the winner will be announced on the Christmas eve.