You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Tools & Utilities

Facts that are necessary while buying a used computer.

I want to buy a second hand computer. I do not know much about the computer. I think people sell their old computer for the following reasons:

(1) The old computer cannot fulfill their needs.

(2) The old computer has out of order and it always needs repairing.

(3) The person who wants to sell the computer has changed his profession and the computer is not useful to him any more.

(4) The person has bought another new computer.

But I am not a seller. I wan to buy a computer because I do not buy a new computer because I have no money.

So I want to know about the facts that are very necessary while we are going to buy a used or second hand computer.
    You may ask this question in ask experts section for expert answers.
    Sharing is Caring

Thank you respected member Muhammedaneez for guiding me on this query. I will ask raise my query in ask expert section and get its answer.

Hello Ekta,

If you want to buy a second hand computer then you must get some points clarified from the seller, such as :
    1. Is the computer peripherals genuine?
    2. Are the computer components in warranty period?
    3. Bill of buying and past maintenance / service visits by engineers.
    4. What is the CPU, chipset brand? Does that brand has a service center in your locality?
    5. Make sure that all peripherals and components are in working condition at the time of delivery.

Also, instead of buying a second hand computer from and friend or relative, I think it is better to look for some local brands which offer used / second hand / assembled PC. Reason is such companies or shops will deliver a fully functional and serviced machine.

Regards,
    Namita Terse

Thanks Namita Terse for your useful guidance for buying a second hand computer. When I will buy my second hand computer, I will use this information.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.