You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

How to get rid of the ask search toolbar

I'm troubled with ask search toolbar, it is difficult to get rid of it, i also ask this for
    help, someone give me a removal guide link,www.virus-delete.com But it requires to download sth, so can someone know whether it is reliable? , and my OS is windows 7, Please help!
    Dear alexvidakovic,
    This is forum section where you can only post your views and share something related to Technology. Since your post is a question, it is better to post in Ask Expert section where you can get better and quick responses.

'Ask' and similar search bars will not be installed without your knowledge. It might have been installed when you downloaded a free software and accepted its terms (which contains accept installation of search bars and other free spyware) without studying them completely.
    Now I suggest you to type 'uninstall a program' in search bar ( which you get on START) and check for the presence of it. Uninstall if you find it and if it still remains, go to settings in your browser and reset it to default.

Hi alexvidakovic,

Ask search engine used to set as default in one's system when user download some unknown software and forgot to unchecked the box upon term's and condition step. This enable software to download and Ask search engine to set as default than previous one, thus you need to be very careful while you download the software, if you are using Google Chrome then try it from Chrome setting first and later from Control Panel.

Now, in case unable to delete them by Chrome setting then you have to uninstall it from Control Panel option to get rid of search engine and the same for another website name given.

Regards,
    Hafeezur Rahman

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.