You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

How to hide folder in windows 7 operating system

I got windows 7 o.s from my friend before 3 days.
    i want to hide my private files folder,
    so suggest me how to hide private folder.
    Very simple steps by right clicking on the folder and click properties. In the general tab of properties, tick the hidden option and then click the advanced will turn into advanced attributes. It will turn with tick in the box containing the message of 'Allow files in the folder to have contents indexed in addition to file properties'. If click ok will turn the folder hide.
    Saroja

DEAR
    1)Click on the Windows 7 Start button and then click on Control Panel.
    2)Click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
    3)Click on the Folder Options link.
    4)Click on the View tab on the Folder Options window.
    5)In the Advanced settings: area, locate the Hidden files and folders category.

Note: You should be able to see the Hidden files and folders category at the bottom of the Advanced settings: text area without scrolling down. You should also see two options under the folder.

Choose the Don't show hidden files, folders, or drives radio button under the Hidden files and folders category.

6)Click OK at the bottom of the Folder Options window.

7)Close the Control Panel window that's still open.

8)From now on, no files or folders with the hidden attribute turned on will display in any folder view or search.
    9)You can test to see if hidden files are are actually being hidden in Windows 7 by browsing to the C:\ drive. If you do not see a folder named ProgramData, then hidden files and folders are in fact being hidden from view.

It's very simple just hit right click on the file and in properties check the hidden button and refresh if you want to see your hidden file or folder just open start button and type in search bar folder option and there in tab you can see view button click there and check on Show hidden files and folders

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.