You must Sign In to post a response.
- Category: Miscellaneous
- #17142Hi Amit,
I also heard that they started calling to the customers who had placed an order for Aakash2 tablet. Most of the people also received this tablet as per company claim.
Introducing Aakash3 tablet is a very good news for the tech people for a low range of tablets. It will be a really good thing if company able to deliver this product within one week or two weeks time.
With Best Regards,
- #17144Its nice to hear that Aakash 3 is launched by Datawind. When Aakash was initially announced , the tablet became very popular as Ultra low budget tablet but launch of Aakash was not so successful. Maybe Aakash 3 can boost company's sales.
- #17146First of all, Aakash is a brand name owned by Govt of India. DataWind has no rights to sell their products using this name. In my opinion, it is a appropriate to call customers and offer Aakash 3 tablet, which does not exist. I have my own doubts about the integrity of the DataWind company, from my own personal experience in the past with them and also based on various reviews found all over the web.
- #17154Yes, Aakash tablet PC company is calling their customer who had applied online few years back. I am also one of them who receives 1 call at least in 15 days from Aakash Tab manufacturer. Since Aakash tab has no capacitive touch screen, it is hard to swipe and use it, no effective touch function. Rest has no issue on its budget.
- #17173Datawind offering the Aakash 3 at the price of 4999
+ 200 handling and delivery charges. In Aakash 3 they have added some new features than their previous model. Some of them are as follow-
--> SIM facility means you can access internet through GPRS also.
--> They are saying that have used DDR3 500 MB RAM.
--> Also the touch screen quality has been improved.
--> In Aakash 3 they have provided full animation and other courses tutorial in tablet.
Despite of these changes in the new Aakash 3 one could not say about this product without using this.
"Aakash" is a brand name owned by the Govt of India. DataWind cannot sell it. They are just abusing the name and selling their own products in the name of Aakash 3 and cheating people of India.
- #17181It is usual for these companies once they reach the customers through government and get popularised and in turn they may sell their products directly and I feel they may not use the name 'Aakash' instead they use their direct product name 'datawind'. Also it is easy to reach Indian customers as they may not differentiate the two and hence go by this calling and order and in turn the company may get benefit out of it.
So please do not use the words datawind calling their customers. Please correct that they use the marketing strategy of using the database(through which they get in the name of Aakash) calling customers to promote their products which is done by any other company.
- #17186Its right that one cannot use the name Aakash because this name is owned by the Govt Of India. The Datawind company selling the same Aakash tablet with the name of "Ubislate". So, I dont know its legal to sell the tablet with name of Aakash or not by the company.
Actually the thing is that Government ordered lakhs of tablet to distribute them in schools and colleges. As per my knowledge not got the tablet they are still waiting to get this tablet from govt. with subsidy.
So, Datawind their tablet directly to the customers with the actual price(without the subsidy).Thats why they are using both the names i.e. Aakash and ubiSlate.