You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedback

How can we prevent fake traffic to our resources/ask experts?

Hello Webmaster,

Today I come to know that, the page views/traffic I am getting to my ask expert can be fake. So I want to know that, can I prevent such fake traffic? From where this traffic is coming? Is Techulator taking any steps to prevent such fake traffic?

I am asking this question because, today when I opened a thread for asking reward my 1000 page views to my ask expert question, the reward was rejected saying that the traffic was fake to that question. If there can be fake traffic then, can we update the page views counter according to the organic views. Because Techulator members can not come to know that the traffic is fake/organic.
    Forgive me for my poor English. But I hope you all are getting my point.
    If a particular thread is visited again and again from a system, Webmaster can recognize that using statcounter or some other tools. When we visit a thread many times the number of hits get counted for the thread, Indeed it raises the "View count".
    But logically, this is not at all traffic or anything when a thread is visited from a particular IP address abnormally.
    I don't think as a publisher you can do anything to avoid such things, but either a publisher or enemy of the publisher can only do such thing purposely or without any purpose. Why others will visit your thread again and again? May be a publisher is encouraging someone or himself to do. Basically that's fake traffic in my opinion. Let's hear from WMs.

"People says 143. I say 444 i.e. Love Your Life"

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.