You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Complaints

No proper reason for article rejection!

My article was rejected with no proper reason.

Article: http://www.techulator.com/resources/10641-Rise-Of-Nations-A-tricky-review.aspx

The article is about Rise of Nations game by Big Huge Games. It
    contains introduction, story line, cheats, tips and tricks of the
    game. Some moment before, when I opened my email, I found a mail
    telling about article status change. I thought that it will surely be
    this article and might have got approved but I became dumbfounded for
    sometime as it was rejected by an Editor.

Reason of rejection: Extremely old game

I know that the game was released in April 2004 but that is not to be
    considered here! The game is trending and is played by millions of
    gamers worldwide. And if it is so old enough, how would the articles
    relating it catch very high traffic.

Believe or not! The game is one of the most popular 2D PC games today.

And talking about Techulator, there is no article to throw light on
    such a cool user friendly game. So, I request Webmasters not to let such
    article go rejected anyway. And for what I know, they won't let such
    thing happen.

Weight loss articles are also all time high traffic articles. But no matter how much you write on them, with whatsoever high quality English, they will never get traffic unless of course you have a site like Wikipedia!

Writing on a game that was released in 2003 will not get any traffic in long term. That is why it is suggested that for all topics, choose fresh topics, not something which is being covered even for a few months. TEC does accept articles that are a little old but writing about that old game is definitely not at all acceptable.

You mentioned that the game is being played by millions from 2004. So, when every game lover played that game, who needs a review now. If the article you wrote is on an upgraded version, it would have been awarded better credits.

@ Webmaster,
    Well, ok! But please allow me to overwrite the rejected article with a new one. I don't want to have any deleted article listed in my contribution board.

It will be removed from your list of contributions within a few days. The URL has been put for deindexing in Google, that is, nofollow has been put on it. It will not be a good idea to edit that.

Thank you Ankit for giving a valuable response. I hope for faster and prompt removal of that article from my contribution board!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.