You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Mozilla Firefox

People prefer Firefox or Google Chrome over Internet Explorer

Hello,
    How many of you are strictly using Internet Explorer browser? Internet Explorer is the oldest browser and it is developed by Microsoft. We all are using Microsoft windows operating system, Microsoft Office but not using IE which is also developed by Microsoft.
    Most of the users around the world prefer Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browsers over Internet Explorer.
    Can anybody tel me why so? If the browsing speed is the issue, then why Microsoft is not improving IE's browsing issues.
    IE 10 that comes with Windows 8 is quite fast in its working, quite comparable to Firefox and Chrome. However, as most of the users are not used to the other two browsers, IE is going on having a shrinking user base. To tell the fact it is mostly the less technically advanced users who are still using IE.

The major drawback I see with IE is that it does not support extensions like Chrome or Firefox. The vast functionalities you get with these two browsers is just missing in IE.

Google Chrome has become very popular very fast due its user friendly features. Some of the features available in Google Chrome are not available in Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Once a programme gains prominence due to certain of its features, which are very much liked by the users, the program gains advantage over other similar programs. This is what has happened with Google Chrome and it is a very popular web browser today. Some of the government organisations still prefer Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
    "Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

@Sukhdev sir,
    Actually Mozilla is more popular than Chrome and has more users. Mozilla is nowhere behind in the race of browsers and has a rich set of features. In fact, it is a preferred browser for developers as well as security experts.

@Ankit,
    Whatever the features are available in the Firefox, it will not support secure transaction over the internet. Secure transaction is only got by Chrome or Internet Explorer. I am using online transaction to recharge my mobile, TV and soon only by Chrome. I tried other browsers but didn't work. So the best fast and secure browser is Chrome only, I say.

@Jebaprincy,
    You must be having some issues in your system. Firefox very well supports secure transactions. I use internet banking and also do online payments of mobile bills and DTH recharges, and all times Firefox shows https only.

In fact most browsers including Opera too support secure browsing. You are highly mistaken in saying that only IE and Chrome support secure transaction.

I just did some research and found that Chrome has in fact overtaken Firefox. Usage of Firefox is only second in browsers used worldwide.
    You can see the statistics here
    http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp

Dear Ankit I agree with really Mozilla Firefox is more popular than Chrome or internet explorer . I always prefer Mozilla firebox

I too prefer using Firefox and Google Chrome as internet browsers instead of IE. For me the reason are more features and extensions offered by Chrome and Firefox. IE seems to lag a bit behind in this race for the best browser and hope Microsoft addresses this issue sooner rather than later.
    Thanks & Best Regards,
    Bhakti Savla

Members,

I have been using Chrome for the last two years or so, and am of the opinion that Chrome is far better than IE and Mozilla. The user-interface in the Chrome is just marvelous and the extensions are the real deciding factor. It is just that one has to get a feel of the things.

Most of the people prefer chrome browser or mozilla firefox because they gives us a better browsing speed. And using this browser we get much good browsing experience so I think most of the people prefer chrome or firefox and nowadays IE is also making their browser more powerfull than others.

Google chrome and firefox have a sleek look nd feel. I admit that IE 10 also has it but the UI in chrome is awesome. The app store rox! Maybe microsoft was a little late in realizing that it had to upgrade IE.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.