You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Internet access will be now more affordable

Vodafone India has slashed the 2G data charges from 10 paise per 10 KB to 2 paise per 10 KB in Karnataka, UP West, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh circles. This is the lowest price in market. The step is an attempt to accelerate the mobile internet usage in India and may trigger price cuts by other operators.

The reduced rates are applicable for pre-paid and post-paid customers on 'pay as you go basis'. The scheme is currently available for 2G network users in these four circles only but will be gradually rolled out nationally.

So, internet access will be now more affordable for mobile phone users. How much can this impact your mobile phone bill?
    Thank you for the news about slashing down of internet charges by Vodafone in Karnataka, Western UP, Madhya Pradesh and Chhatisgarh circles. It would have been better if Vodaphone had covered the entire country for this purpose. Vodafone should have offered this concession for 3G connections also.

The members can take a cue from the announcement, do little more research on the topic and write the news in the form of an article.

"Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

Thank for valuable information about 2G data plan . Actually I never use Vadafone data plan in my mobile . But Pay as you go basis is very useful compare than monthly or unlimited data plan in 2G

Airtel followed Vodafone to reduce the tariff of 2G as well as 3G data service. But I wonder how this is going to make internet more affordable.
    regards,
    Ganesh Babu.S

Not only Vodafone, other operators also followed the same by slashing the 2G data prices. Idea Cellular had slashed 2G data prices in 8 telecom circles. As we can see 4G services launched in the market by Airtel with a starting pack of 450/- and going ahead, Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Jioy to launch best 4G services across India in near future. So internet and data market will be more competitive in coming days. We already have 3G services in the market and the 3G pricing were also slashed few months back.
    With Best Regards,

Kokil

It is a good news for all 2G internet users. The data plans was very high after 2G spectrum scam. And now the data plans are in our favor. It seems every ISP cut their data rates in competition with other ISP provider.
    Wanted to make some milestones and achievements
    Regards
    Rupesh kumar

Yeah, Vodafone has announced its revised 2G rates for few states in India. It is a good news for those internet user who have very less data usage.
    There is a good news for Airtel users also as Airtel reduced their data plans by 90%.
    But 'pay as you go' basis is not useful for those, who need continuous access of internet.

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    "Technology is today's need. Learn it as much as you can!"

Its good news however I doubt how many peoples are using 2G as we already in 3G pretty much and soon will be move towords 4G.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.