You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Techulator Announcements

Interesting Article contest : International Shopping Services, Last Date : 08-JULY-2013

Techulator is announcing an interesting article contest to its members. The topic of the article contest is International Shopping Services.

Most of us would like to buy high quality items from another Country or a brand, which is not available in your native place. There are a lot of services available and most of us are confused as to which service provides the best customer experience and the lowest charges.

Please read the following guidelines of the competition:
    1. You can write about a specific international shopping service or provide its review. Example: eBay
    2. You may write about services, which may be availed for a certain country. Example : How to buy at online USA stores sitting in India
    3. You may post articles comparing various International Shopping services. Example : Comparison between foreignshopper.com and iShopInternational.com
    4. You can post only one article per topic. You can post your topic in the response below and update the post with the link, once you publish the article.
    5. Last Date for Submission : 08 July 2013.
    6. First prize : Rs 250 and 100 points.
    7. Consolation prizes : Rs 100 and 50 points.

Some Examples of the topic are:
  • How to buy at online USA stores sitting in India
  • eBay.com
  • Comparison between foreignshopper.com and iShopInternational.com
  • shopyourworld.com
  • Shop in the US from India
  • Shop from anywhere in the world
    My topic for International Shopping Services contest:

Ebay.com

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Thanks Ashley, for announcing an interesting topic on international shopping services. My entry for contest will be on the following topic:

eBay, one of the renowned international shopping service providers in India

"Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

Sukhdevji,

eBay was already chosen by another member. Please choose another topic.

I am blocking two topics-
    1. Shopping at Amazon from anywhere in the world.
    2. Shopping in USA from anywhere in the world.

A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak!
    Take Care
    Juana

Webmasters,
    I have a suggestion for articles contest: it should be mandatory for a member to submit the article within 4 days of selecting the topic. Otherwise members are just blocking topics without really bothering to even work on it.

For example, see the contest on data plans. The last date was 7th. Only one member submitted his entries that too on the last date. Then the closing date was extended to 14th. Even then all the members who selected topics did not submit any articles on those topics. What this does is to prevent members who genuinely would have written on those topics from earning - both for their articles and possible contest awards too. Is this fair? It is what one would call dog in the manger policy. You don't allow others to write on it while you yourself are not going to write on it anyway.

So I honestly think you should put in a rule that members must submit their article within 4 days of selecting the topic. If they do not, then another member should be allowed to write on it. If then the 1st member writes on it, it will be considered an invalid entry for the contest and should be given points only.

Please consider my suggestion so that members who are really interested will not be hampered in contributing good articles.

Regards,
    Vandana

Here are my entries -

How to shop at Amazon.com from India?

Shop at online U. S. based stores from India

A love affair with knowledge will never end in heartbreak!
    Take Care
    Juana

Top 10 online international eCommerce electronic gadgets shopping sites

Vandana,

Your suggestion is true and valuable. We will be implementing your suggestion from the next article contest onwards.

Here is my article for this contest: Finding the Top Online Bargain Shopping Sites
    Lead Editor - OrissaSpider.com
    Editor - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum