You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Contests & Award Programs

Group Discussion competition 1: HTML 5 or Flash (Extended)

Dear Members,
    After a long talk with the webmasters, we are introducing a new contest called the "Group Discussion". It is pretty similar to the forum discussions, but a little more attractive and creative. I hope that you will cooperate in the endeavor to make its beginning, an ever lasting moment on Techulator.com.

The 1ST TEC GD TOPIC goes like: HTML 5 or Flash - Which one to go for?

Judge your answers over what others write, be a touch critic and examine the discussion with live examples and case study.

TEC expects a healthy group discussion from here and the most valuable discussion/critic will get rewarded.

• The Winner will get: Rs 100.00
  • Note that if he/she (winner) was a good critic and whose responses were met with case study and live examples, will be additionally awarded with 25 points.
  • 2 runner-ups will be awarded from virtual gift shop of TEC.

• So try to bring on your best and get credited for your quality ones.

There should be a minimum of 5 sentences for each post!

Get started in sharing your part regarding the topic and you may be the one among those who WIN.

Competition will end on 30th May 2013. Subscribe to the thread to remain in touch and get in the winners list.
    First of all Thanks to webmaster and editors for presenting a wonderful opportunity to Tech members. It is the GD of this platform about HTML or flash . As my opinion both have own values in the areas of use.

Thanks Techulator and webmaster make me to participate in a GD which first time for me.

@Phagu Mahato

Though both have own values but they differ slightly because of their chronology of usage. While Flash being in the world of net for many years, users have both advantage and disadvantage as they knew every pros and cons of it and HTML 5 is dominating now in the sense new devices are allowing only HTML 5. This is on the overall sense.

Always this is hot topic in the net world and debate is going on in any forum between HTML 5 and Flash.

Saroja

There are no solid points in the discussion. If you are mentioning that any one of them have more pros and cons, please mention the pros and cons of the topic. We need some solid points of discussion, rather than some generic statements.

HTML 5 is the newest version of HTML. I think HTML 5 is better than Flash. It has few advantages over Flash. HTML 5 is easy to use. It does not make webpage slow to load. It doesn't require any plugins to install in a browser. The most important, we can develop mobile applications through HTML 5.
    Thanks,
    Mahesh
    "Technology is today's need. Learn it as much as you can!"

For those who have dived into the field of games, they cannot stay afloat without Flash. In fact, Flash has been around for over a dozen years and has taken a very firm root in the tech world. Over these years, the guys behind the Flash script have worked at it hammer & tongs to enhance it to keep up with needs of the gaming developers. In sharp contrast, HTML 5 is a new baby. Yet, it has also developed a great script which enables animations & videos to be inserted on a website.

HTML 5 is definitely a serious competitor to Flash for a major reason: it supports mobile browsers and other browsers which Flash does not. Flash basically does need a plug-in for certain browswers to be able to get the required script-code. This plug-in feature is just not available for many smartphones and tablets. Thus, Flash automatically leaves out a huge market of users - after all, today we are in the world of PC tabs and smartphones. Flash has much catching up to do!!

Regards,
    Vandana

I have already declare that HTML5 and Flash both have own values .Both HTML5 and Flash include features for playing audio and video within web pages as well as integrated vector graphics.
    For support my answer , HTML5 is a powerful markup language which support CSS,Javascript . Another benefit of HTML5, In HTML5, full programmatic access for audio and video and it supports formats of Image depends PNG, JPEG, Animated GIF . Whereas Flash has facilities of framework for working with audio, video.It has sound and raster or vector graphics. The format of image which supported by Flash are PNG, JPEG, JPEG-XR.

For more active participation, we have extended the group discussion date to 30th May' 2013. We have also modified to include a rule that there should be a minimum of 5 sentences for each discussion.

Once again Thanks To Techulators team for Extended the date of Group Discussion HTML5 OR FLASH

Adobe Flash released in the year 1997, whereas HTML5 from 2011. There is a lot of variations in between flash and HTML5. Even though, iOS devices like Apple 5, iPhones support and promoting to HTML5 but the features in Flash is highly recommended as compared to HTML5.

Features available in Adobe Flash, but not in HTML5:-
    • More than 80% websites uses flash files and promotes flash application to run video files; however very rare sites like YouTube, Vimeo support HTML5. In addition, flash is freely available by Apple sites.
    • Creating files in Flash is very easy as compared to HTML5.
    • Flash has built-in video making technology due to its webcam supporting; however it is not available in HTML5. The users need to add device API to use microphones, webcams, and video chats etc.

Lead Editor - OrissaSpider.com
    Editor - IndiaStudyChannel.com

In the world of today, both html 5 and flash play an important role but according to me html 5 is more important. I agree to all my other respective friends who have posted their reviews but I think that html 5 is more efficient . There are a lots of varients and options available in the field of html 5 and we come to see that even in now a days every small business has its own website to attract its customers . The biggest and the greatest example of that is techulator itself. The other people supporting flash should know that a site or any other app cant be fully made up of falsh, a little part of any other programming language is used in it , but a html file has its own existense. I also agree to other members that flash is more easy and comfortable to use but it does not stand still as compared to HTML5 .Flash stands blurred in front of html 5. The one feature of html is that flash can be used in it but html cant be used in flash.

Posted by : The Network Hacker.
    http://www.networkhacker.tk

Delete Attachment

I feel HTML5 is better than Flash. It is a new standard for HTML. It is still in progress but many browsers support this new HTML5 elements and APIs. This new HTML5 is based on HTML (supports previous versions), DOM, CSS and JavaScript. It gives better performance in handling errors and it is independent. The external plug-ins need got reduced in working with this scripting.

For example, Flash is used in some of the websites. It is required in social media's like Facebook, YouTube and so on. If the Flash is not installed in the system, then the videos will not support in your browsers. It will create problem to the users. This problem rises in the previous versions of the HTML. But this new HTML5 doesn't require this flash plug-in. The new scripting language will support the videos without any plug-in. Tags used in the HTML5 scripts are audio, video, source, embed and track.

Regards,
    Bharath

When it comes to game development, Flash has an upper hand and its still a challenge for web developers to use HTML5 in their websites. Latest HTML version 5 is gaining its importance by supporting all browsers and it is a very good companion for Chrome browser. Some surveys show that Flash has a 99% browser support and it is 50 % in case of HTML5 and it is rising at 10% per year. So, it indicates that HTML 5 is going to gain its importance equally with Flash. But we the people don't have the habit of upgrading our Browsers and still use the outdated versions.
    There's a talk that flash websites aren't easily crawled by Google (or any other search engine) Spiders. So, sites designed in HTML gains the advantage here. Also we can create several attractive HTML5 games using engines like impactjs. Therefore both have equal importance when viewed individually.

Comparison of features of HTML5 and FLASH
    HTML5 makes the device irrelevant. You can just open the browser on another device and access instantly to core apps. HTML5 provides critical data for their devices. You can build HTML5 in platform of Google, Explorer, Mozilla, and Adobe. HTML5 present the best web .It supports full feature of gaming, animation, movies in multimedia and graphical method .It has also feature of High performance like 3D CSS, vector graphics and WebGL .
    Other sides, Flash provides features of quick drawing tools. You can save those graphics tools as vector images. Flash also support bitmap, GIF etc type of images.
    Flash uses moving that image from one place to another as well as it helps to changing the size of the image as you wish and add effects in animation,

Mr. Phagu Mahato,

You can also find better HTML5 quick drawing tools like Mr.Doob's Harmony, DeviantART muro, Bezier sketching, Bomomo, Spirograph etc. They may not serve you equally better to that of Flash tools like CS5 and CS6 from Adobe, but they have their own beauty and importance.
    Also, you can have the 'drag and drop' feature in HTML5 using dragstart, dragover, dragleave, drop, drag tags.

I don't think this means a group discussion. All are giving their views regarding HTML 5 and Flash but no one is attempting to discuss about what others have written. Try to understand.

@Ravi,
    Very nice attempt! Keep going on like this.

Vandana,

You've said that Flash has more importance and contribution in gaming sector for years. Of course, but you can get better results by utilizing some open source and paid JS game development engines like impactjs, Limejs and Craftyjs to develop awesome HTML5 games for both web and mobile platforms. Also I think gaming industry is not entirely dependent on Flash, most of the popular games today are developed using C++, Python, Lua etc. So, it is not only Flash that served gaming industries.

Dear Ravi kandala Thanks for response me
    You are right . I always try to compare between HTML5 and Flash .But I found the use of HTML5 is more flexible than Flash.If you have light markup languages, gaming, animation, movies in multimedia then you can easily use the HTML5 Whereas You need a deep knowledge for gaming, animation, movies in multimedia from Flash work

Hi Mahesh,

As you mentioned in your above response, HTML 5 has some advantages over Flash. But, if you take HTML 5, some of the websites not supporting HTML 5 scripting. For example, in some Web Pages I found Flash is not worked. Instead that error is mentioning that it is a new form of HTML 5 scripting required. Is it the fault of browser? Or instead is a fault of Web Pages?

Regards,
    Bharath

Bharath,
    Your words doesn't make any sense. If you are unable to watch any flash video, there is a need to install plugins. What's the involvement of HTML there. One thing, if you use outdated versions of safari, Mozilla Firefox and IE8, they may not support HTML5. So, you should upgrade your browsers to latest versions. And today almost every famous website is using HTML.

I agree that all version of browser do not support flash video.Sometime I found Flash work on Internet explorer but dies not works on Mozilla . similarly HTML 5 need to latest version of Browser for properly work.

Mr. Mahato,
    That is what I'm saying, most of us do not upgrade our browsers and there arises the issues with flash and HTML5. For example, Google has been updating and fixing issues in Flash games and videos from its version 17.0.963.56. And if you use older versions you'll definitely face troubles. Similarly you can experience HTML5 better if you have Firefox version 16 and the latest. If you do not know what version you are using, go to 'customize and control Google Chrome' button on top right and click the 'About Google Chrome.' Similarly go to Help > About Firefox in case of Mozilla Firefox. If your versions are outdated you should upgrade them to experience better Flash and HTML5 support.

You are right but mostly I found some flash do not support the older version of browser . For I play some Flash video in Mozilla then display some error massage.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Submit New Thread
    Return to Return to Discussion Forum