You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions and Feedback

Regarding response to a resource in techulator

We, as members at Techulator, always try to make some positive efforts to promote and improve the quality of posting. Is it a good activity to put a response below an article which is mostly related to correcting the grammar and spelling mistakes done in that resource/article?

I think writer of that article should be informed in a personal e-mail or by message rather than putting response/comment to just give corrections about spelling and grammar.

According to me, if a member finds any flaws or mistakes in spelling or grammar, he should immediately contact the writer of that article by personal message or email otherwise it may discourage member if such comments are posted publicly and also put negative impact on external visitors.

Hope you will cooperate in this regards. Please keep this discussion in mind before posting a response to an article.
    I too agree with you... it will not look good to add a response pointing out all grammar/spelling errors. It would much better if you can give those suggestions directly to the author.

According to me also if we are finding any grammatical mistake in an article, we should not point out those mistakes as a response to that article. Because if we are doing this then any visitor to our website will starts thinking that the writers of techulator are not knowing about perfect grammar. Instead of this we should contact to the author of particular article pointing out all the mistakes and the author should edit his/her article as soon as possible.

I totally agree with Paresh bhai. We the authors should be informed in person. It will keep the integrity of the website.

Yes, a PM is always preferable in any such situation.
    Lakshmi Satish Kumar,

All the suggestions given are correct and justifiable. But what incentive do you give to a person when he or she has to spare a lot of his or her time in finding out the grammatical or spelling mistakes in articles and then put them in the form of a PM for sending the same to the author. Why one should do it without any incentive from the administration? All the respondents above should have given thought to this aspect, which has not been considered by anyone including the maker of the thread.
    "Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

You are right Sukhdev Sir. But what is the purpose behind it to say other's mistake in publicly? Do you think visitor will not take that comment negatively? If one wants to correct the other person, he or she can does that act by sending personal mail without any expectation of incentive (in form of points). The site/techulator give us so much to us, why we should just think about ourselves in form of incentives?

If someone finds 'correcting suggestion' is a very time spending act, then leave it to the language editors. We should just appreciate the author by positive comments to encourage but cannot discourage him/her based on some correction comments right below the article. The external visitor will take that very negatively. Is it good?

It is a kind request from editorial panel (by consent of Tony Sir), do not put responses related spelling or grammar below the article otherwise the response will not be approved! Please take a note of it.

This thread's intention is to make this point very clear. (instead of implementing this matter without notice)

Paresh Gujarati,
    Pursuing PhD,

I appreciate your concern and suggestion. I well understand the implications. It will not be done in future at least by me. But you must understand that a little incentive is a must if he or she has to do this work. Let us leave to the language editors otherwise.
    "Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.