Forums » Club House » General »

Why computer asking for disk checking every time i open it

Posted Date: 19 Jun 2010      Posted By:: K Mohan Profile photo    Member Level: Gold    Member Rank: 87     Points: 1   Responses: 7

And it takes roughly three minutes to finish all the formalities. Why every time its asking for disk checking.

K Mohan

The '''Cheer Leader ''' of this site

Responses

#1190    Author: Shaikh Izaj Ahmed      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 358     Date: 20/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4 (Rs 2)

Dear K. Mohan, As per my knowledge it happens in two conditions, One is if you power off your computer withouth shutting down again and again, it happens, I know no one power down their pc without shutting down, but it some times happen when power fails instantly and if you dont have ups.

Second one is if there are bad sectors on your Hard Disk.

So When you logged on your pc check your hard disk by chkdsk, it will show you if you have some bad sectors and also it will solve your problem.

And if you allow once to complete the scanning process without pressing any key while starting it may solve your problem.

-------------------
Thanks & Regards
Siaar Ceo Siaar Group

#1207    Author: PSK      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 157     Date: 20/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 4

Dear Mr.Mohan,

Well, the two reasons provided by Mr. Ahmed are correct and proper shutting down of your operating system is a compulsory requirement on your part. If you fail to do so, each and every time, there is every possibility that you may have booting problem in future also.

To avoid and isolate bad sectors, you may use the Disk Defragmenter option available in Windows under Accessories -> System Tools, to defrag each and every hard disk. This step may reduce your problem to a very big extent.

Regards -
PSK.

#1208    Author: Vikram Singh Saini      Member Level: Silver      Member Rank: 237     Date: 20/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 5 (Rs 2)

Hi,

Disk checking is meant for checking your disk for any types of problems or errors or its state.

If your disk have some file indexing made wrong, or if HDD have some bad sector in some part, Security features or type of disk partition have been modified by some unwanted program or malicious user, then in that case, system automatically sets disk check whenever the system restarts again.

And if you want to avoid those things, allow disk check to check your all disk once, and probably the same thing would never happen again in your PC until some other problem pertaining to system or making harm to system not occurs.

DiskCheck is the best thing provided by the OS. Otherwise many of the users might have suffer from Security problem, or might they get little time to backup their all important files(in case of bad sector in HDD). Because bad sector is one thing that makes your HDD behave as if there is some hole. When you put data there it gets save temporarily. But when you try to access it again the same data is not there. It is blank there or missing there.

Hope all it helps you to understand.

Regards,
Vikram Singh Saini

RESULTS MATTER, REASONS NOT!

#1226    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 87     Date: 20/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Thanks Shaik for responding to my problems.

Yes disc checking has been allowed to done without any hindrance.

But some times it asks for checking again. Why.

By the way there are no bad characters in my computer.

K Mohan

#1227    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 87     Date: 20/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 1

Thanks Satish Kumar

Ya i do disk fragmenting frequently and also clean up the discs.

May be as you said the improper shut down may be the problem.

Ill take care now.

K Mohan

#1250    Author: Prashant Sultania      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 70     Date: 21/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 2

Hi K.mohan,

It mainly happens when you are not shutting down your system properly. or it can be because of the bad sectors in the hard disk. It is good to check the errors in the hard disk. Because shows where is the problem in the hard disk and in which files or in which folder.

It is really a helpful for us to repair the bad sectors in the hard disk. And all try disk cleaner for your system And also try to disk fragment your hard disk.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant Sultania

#1294    Author: K Mohan      Member Level: Gold      Member Rank: 87     Date: 21/Jun/2010   Rating: 2 out of 52 out of 5     Points: 0

Prashant Sultania

I do disc fragment and disc cleaning often.

Thanks for your advise.

May be shutting down of system improperly should be the reason.

K Mohan

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.

Next : When we browse some sites Google gives warning not to view ''This'' site.
Previous : Photo not verified
Return to Discussion Forum
Post New Message
Category: General

Related Messages

Active Members
TodayLast 7 Daysmore...