You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 8

Windows 8 compatible Anti virus

Hello Member

Today when I Installed Windows 8 version in my computer then I feel very excitement and when I go for installing Avast anti virus. its show a waring message that this anti virus does not compatible with your operating system. So kindly come one can tell me which is anti virus compatible with my operating system?
    please share link if you know any anti virus?
    Zanib Kahtoon,
    Actually you no need to install antivirus for windows 8 because virus will not affect windows 8 operating. Any way I think kaspersky is the better choice.

Ok thank you much for your suggestion. Its really happiness for us
    Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

Hi Zanib,
    This is because when you changing operating system for one to another this message will come. You need to remove old one and install new anti virus to the system.

Hello, I have also installed windows 8. it is very interesting operating system to operate.
    To install the antivirus. first of all go to the read me file of that antivirus and check whether it is compatible with windows 8 or not. if it is not compatible the download its latest version which for sure will be made for windows 8. otherwise i will suggest you to either use windows defender which is inbuilt antivirus for windows. or you can also use Microsoft security essentials. which is Microsoft`s own antivirus program.

Hello,

The market is full with competitive security systems for PC and Laptops. Currently the hot favourites for Windows 8 are - Kaspersky, AVG Antivirus and Quick Heal. All three are top class security software you can use for your OS.

Your Avasti is not a bad option too. If it works well, then you can continue with it otherwise get the free version of any one of the three above and test appropriately according to your system performance.

Thanks and Regards,
    Sashwato.C

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.