You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Contests & Award Programs

Troubleshooting Contest (date extended to 28 Feb 2013)

Dear members,

We have several article contests going on in Techulator but many of them are coming to an end by 20th January.

If you are looking for more contests to keep you busy, we will not disappoint you. Here is a new contest, and we call it "Troubleshooting contest"

This is what you need to do to participate in this contest:

1. Identify various problems reported by real users of various tech products (Smartphones, Android, iPhone, Windows 8, Linux, Internet connectivity, WiFi, GPS, Mobile internet, Hotmail, SkyDrive, TV tuning devices, Bluetooth devices and so on)

2. Identify the potential solutions for such problems. There may be several possible solutions to such problems

3. Compose an article with the problem and solution.

4. Post it in our article section, any appropriate category. Include the exact error message in the article title, if applicable.

5. Post a link to that article below this thread as a comment so that our reviewers will evaluate the article and consider for the awards.

NOTE: Avoid saturated topics and errors that have been discussed for years. Focusing on new problems will help you earn better points, cash credits and traffic for your entries.

The minimum 500 word requirement is waived for this contest. You can write shorter articles if it is difficult to extend the article so much. However, try to include as much information as possible to get higher rewards.

Avoid duplicate content. If a problem and solution is already posted, avoid posting on the same content, unless you have a significantly better solution to offer.

You may refer to various popular forums like answers.microsoft.com, Google Product Forums, Yahoo answers etc to get idea on various problems reported by people.

Last date: 31 Jan 2013 28 Feb 2013 (date extended)
    First Prize: Rs 500
    Consolation Prizes: Rs 250 each

Please make sure you strictly follow the new article submission guidelines.
    Thank you Tony for announcing the great contest about 'troubleshooting'. This contest will sure increase lot of traffic to techulator. Due to increased use of electronics items, there may be also troubleshooting requirement and normally people first look for the solution over the internet. If it is curable at one's end, there is no need to go for repair or maintenance work. Hope all the members will participate in this contest and make great contribution to techulator.
    Paresh Gujarati,
    Pursuing PhD,
    NIT-Surat

Dear tony Sir

Thank you so much for announcing such a nice contest for us. It can increase number of people to come to join this site.

Hello sir

A very good contest by you. But I have one doubt. What will happen when by coincidence members post same troubleshooting. For example 'How to change over to Outlook from Hotmail'.

Life is Single,Why not Live it full.
    Internet is a knowledge pool, why not keep it clean!

Avoid duplicate content. If a problem and solution is already posted, avoid posting on the same content, unless you have a significantly better solution to offer.

Hi Tony sir,
    Thank you for your great contest for the tech members. We are so much excited about this new year in tech. Lots and lots of contests are created by you. I found lots of new members also actively participating in it.

Hello Tony Sir,

Well, frankly speaking this seems to me as a tough contest as far as content is concerned.

Here is my entry to this contest, Sir: Troubleshooting for iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

Lakshmi Satish Kumar,
    Freelancer.

Lakshmi,

Thank you for posting your entry! Being tough make it easy to win since there are very few participants!

Hello Tony Sir, You are right. The tougher the contest, the more chance you get to win prizes if you work diligently. I agree and appreciate your thoughts.

I have seen other members posted few entries for this contest but failed to share the links here. I hope they too will share the respective links here thus making the contest more interesting.

Lakshmi Satish Kumar,
    Freelancer.

Thank you Tony sir for extending the date because I want to take part in the contest but I have registered yesterday only and I have set target to write at least one article today i.e on last day but now you have extended the date means more articles from my side.

Thank you for extending the date of this contest. I am to submit my entry!

Thank You Tony sir for extending the date of the contest. I have joined this site three days ago and I was trying to write an article but due to the last date of entry I did not write it. Now I will be writing the article before 15 February and submitting it for the contest. Hope other members also write articles and submit their entries.

Hello Tony Sir

Kindly I request you please give the restriction access in resource section where I can post my articles please. I also want to participate in the contest but the problem is restriction of resource section

Tony John please tell me on which title I should write. I am a little bit confused.
    "But education is still important because it opens the mind and expands it. And if your years in school were bad or boring you can still educate yourself now."

Prashant,

Take a look at this: answers.microsoft.com

See various problems reported by people. You can come up with articles as solutions to various problems reported by people. Make sure you provide proper solution in the article.

Kamal ji,

you will not commit the kinds of errors which you committed in the following sentence 'I have set target to write at list one article today'. Please correct spelling of 'list' to 'least' in the sentence. Such errors creep up inadvertently and can be corrected if we revise what we type.

"Teaching is my passion & sharing of knowledge is my motto"

Sukhdev Singh
    Lead Editor & Platinum Member at ISC

Sir this is my first entry for the contest. Please check the article.

How to troubleshoot and fix the problem of iPad not connecting with iTunes

Resolve the issue of USB connection of your iPad, iPhone and other iOS devices with iTunes

Here is my article for the contest
    Problems in newly launched Android 4.2 mobile operating system.

Thanx a lot Tony Sir,
    For extending the dates of contest I also want to take part in the contest.
    Thinking some creative Idea to post in the contest.
    will be back soon with an awesome article.

Regards,
    Kartik Jagdale

Hello everyone,

Tony Sir thank you for extending the date of this contest once again.

My first entry to this contest is as follows:

Problem and Solution regarding Keyboard and mouse both getting disconnected at a time.

My second entry is as follows:

Physical Memory Dump Error – Resolved at my Desktop PC.

Have a nice day.

Hello Tony Sir,

Here is my entry

How to troubleshoot and overcome the problem of Blue Screen error in Windows 7?

"For quitters never win, for winners never quit"
    With regards
    Syed Musaddiq Andrabi
    Tech lover

Hello Tony John,

Sir, Here is the link of my first entry for this contest of Troubleshooting articles - http://www.techulator.com/resources/8900-Troubleshooting-methods-some-Windows-Phone-problems.aspx

Thanks and Regards

THEERTHA GIRI T.

Review

Hello Tony Sir,

Here is my second entry -
    http://www.techulator.com/resources/8932-Troubleshooting-methods-some-Android-Phone-Problems.aspx

Thanks and Regards

THEERTHA GIRI T.

Review

Hi Tony John sir,
    Here are my entries for the Troubleshooting Article Contest:
    About Microsoft Windows, Windows 8 and Troubleshooting Windows 8 (top problems with best solutions)
    Troubleshooting Mozilla Firefox: Fix the issue of frequent Firefox Crashing

Good Going! Keep posting more articles.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.