You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Java Programming

Need a good book on Java programming

One of my friend was looking for a good book on java. Actually his problem is that there are a lot of books available in the market and it's quite difficult to judge which is the best one to start and finish.

So, please guide me which is the best book to refer?

Thanks!
    There are many great books for learning Java. One of the best is a book titled 'Thinking in Java'.

But if you are new to programming or are a beginner in Java programming, then I prefer that you can study by viewing video tutorials on YouTube. There are some amazing video tutorials available on YouTube which can help you understand the basics of Java very well. After that you can choose to read from books which will give you more understanding on the language. Because I myself have the experience that you can learn more from watching video tutorials rather than books.

Hi Deep,
    There were lot of books providing complete referrence for java. I feel to say you one thing more important. Search in www.w3schools.com website for your every referrence. You can find every solution of java. You could download the pdf formats of java. You could store it in your device for future use.

The best book i can refer for freshers in java is 'Head first java' - O'Reilly
    I think you can use internet data, YouTube video tutorials ,websites like w3schools, tutorials point.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.