You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Errors

Forget the Password in windows

Am forget the login pasword of my PC, how to login without knowing password.

Thanks in Advance,
    Venkata Krishna.P
    Please give the details such as which OS you are using and what type of account you are using.

If you use the administrator account and forgot your password then, it may create a problem. Or if you are using a user account and have your administrator account untouched then there is a solution.

Press Alt+Ctrl+Del twice at the login screen. You will find a login dialog. There give the username as "administrator" and press enter. By default the administrative password is blank.

If you have changed it then give your administrative password there.

Regards,
    Abhisek Panda
    Webmaster
    Be Happy and Make Others also Happy
    Go Green and Save [Y]our Future.

Hi Ventaka,

Its all simple all you have to do is Press & hold ctrl+Alt+del(Delete) Then you will find the Task Manager. There go to Login Option. Click on it and Type the username administrator or Administrator and type the password administrator.

NOTE:-This will work only if you are using the user account. Otherwise forget it and install OS again.

Thanks & Regards,
    Prashant Sultania

Hello Krishna,
    I think Abhisek is right go through his process you will definitely get you way to open your PC again.

Best of luck
    PAMELA

www.kitu13.blogspot.com/

I have submitted one resource for the solution of this problem. It may help you.
    http://mywindowsclub.com/resources/2643-Forgot-windows-password-what-do.aspx

Hi,

Better to take a backup all the important data from the hard disk, format the OS and re install , if you have any important licensed software then try to recover the password, otherwise installing again and setting up your machine is a huge task.

Best of luck of your password recovery!

D.Jeya Kumar(JK)
    MVP
    http://tamilpadamcomedy.blogspot.com

Dear Mr.Venkata,

There is different ready made tools are present to recover lost passwords.

I want to Know some of the things from you?

Q.1. Have you forgotton Administrator Password?

Ans : Yes,It is possible to recover Administrative Password.

Q.2. Have you forgotton General User Password?

Ans : Press Ctrl+Alt+Del at Login Screen,Put the User Name as "Administrator",In Password Box,Don't type anything,Click ok.It may work or may not depending whether you had provided Administrator Password during Loading of OS.If you had not provided Password At Loading Time,then Windows will open,after that You can change your password by using Control Panel option.

In case if you need my help,I will definitely suggest you for better tool for recovering Administrator Password.

Thanks & Regards

Ahmed Ali Khan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.