You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

Windows Hard Drive Processing speed

How to increase the processing speed of computer without using without increasing the RAM?

Is there any feature in the Windows 7 as i am using it.Does increasing the RAM increases the performance speed of computer.
    AND lastly,

If I want increase the processing speed which RAM should be upgraded?
    If you want to increase the speed/performance of your computer without having to buy an extra RAM then there is an amazing feature in Windows 7 called ReadyBoost. This feature allows you to change your Flash drive, or memory card into a RAM. That is if you have 1 Gb of free space on your Pen drive then plug in the pen drive to your computer. And then right click on the Removable drive and select properties. Then go to the ReadyBoost tab and check enable readyboost and set the memory space you want it to use. This will make the computer use the free space from your pen drive as a temporary memory. This will not provide a big speed change, but it will sure make some performance improvement.

Hi,
    I agree with what Godson says in above response. One of the reason which RAM gets slow is playing Games and installation of games. When your memory is full the system automatically gets slow. If you remove the installation of games and unwanted or unused softwares, your system performance will get lit bit faster. I tried this and i had a situation like this. It gives better result in your memory purpose.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.