You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General Windows Topics

Survelliance/Trace of laptop in case someone lost it somewhere.

I am a beginner in a computer field.

And recently i have purchased my new laptop of Lenovo G-series,Model No. 0679.
    brought by my brother from USA.
    I am scared if i lost my laptop somewhere,than how will i get it back.
    Is there any surveillance team in lenovo centers.

weather we can trace our ip address from different computers.

so my question is in case i lost my laptop or some stranger take it from me did not return it back,than what steps i have to take.
    please tell me important steps before someone take my laptop.
    or

Is there any software which can help us.like frontdoor security system.

please help me as fast as possible?
    I am answering your question, taking into account that you have not yet lost your laptop and that you have complete admin access to it.
    All you need to do is to go this website "http://preyproject.com/" and install their application. Even if you do not pay (and I bet you won't have to!) the security features they provide are very much helpful in tracking a lost laptop. I have tested it myself and just in case you need one for your phone, then install their phone app too !!
    Their tag line:
    "Prey lets you keep track of your laptop, phone and tablet whenever stolen or missing -- easily and all in one place. It's lightweight, open source software that gives you full and remote control, 24/7."

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.