You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows XP

What is The Best Windows for Acer laptop

What is The Best Windows for Acer laptop - Hello techulator forumer here.I want to ask the best windows type between windows xp,7 and 8 in term of internet browsing capability/speed.Recently im a user of w xp and change to window 7.My browsing speed is decreasing.Is it related to operating system or just my internet connection.But,i used the same internet connection without any change.
    In my opinion windows xp gives more speed ame i will prefer that since it doesn't uses more memory for graphics. I'm a regular user of windows xp. but in case of laptops it is better to use windows 7 or 8. windows 8 is just released now so i'm not so aware about that. since windows8 is the latest version it may be much faster than the other.

regards,
    fayaz

Dear amir,
    If you upgrade your windows operating system then go to control panel and turn off automatic update. It will reduce your browsing and downloading speed and may be reduce your processing speed due to processing of automatic update.

Regards
    SULTHAN

Hi Kim,
    In my opinion windows 7 is better option for your operating system. This is the normal upgrade system for your acer laptop. Try this in your laptop. This will help you more.

I suggest you to prefer windows 7 other than xp or vista due to the following reasons.
    1. Support from Microsoft
    2. User Account Control
    3. More applications
    4. 64-bit computing
    5. Windows XP Mode
    The reasons are a bit technical, but the upshot is that 64-bit is the future. While there were 64-bit versions of XP in the past, they aren't for sale anymore, and are not for typical consumer use anyway.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.