You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Java Programming

JDBC MS SQL-2000 connectivity.

Hi all,
    When i'm trying to connect JAVA Swing with MS SQL-2000 with the following connectivity code.
    con= DriverManager .getConnection("jdbc:sqlserver://localhost:1433;databaseName=Test","sa","sa");

i have checked the TCP/IP port number it is 1433...but am getting the following error

com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: The TCP/IP connection to the host localhost, port 1060 has failed. Error: "Connection refused: connect. Verify the connection properties, check that an instance of SQL Server is running on the host and accepting TCP/IP connections at the port, and that no firewall is blocking TCP connections to the port.".
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:171)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1033) etc...........................

kindly help me out ASAP.
    Hi Mahendran,
    What kind of help you need regarding this. Explain in detail about the problem and your requirement over here. It will be more helpful for me to explain and other members too.

Hi Bharath,
    It's java connectivity program with ms sql server. yesterday i trying to connect with sql server, but not able to connect. Following errors occured.
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException.makeFromDriverError(SQLServerException.java:171)
    at com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerConnection.connectHelper(SQLServerConnection.java:1033) etc...........................

Hi Mahendran,
    I will find what these errors mainly does in a program and i will help you to overcome in this.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.