You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Errors

Mscank is not working properly

I use TuneUp Utilities 2010 software. I am getting the following message from this software.
    " Windows reports that the "mscank" device is not working properly.
    This can have the following consequences:
    1. The device may be unusable
    2. The computer may crash often
    3. The computer may go a long time without responding
    4. Computer performance may be very poor. "
    At first, I ignored this message but when sometimes my laptop hanged while shutting down and I had to forcefully shut it down using the power button, then I thought that may be the above message is causing this. So, please provide me appropriate suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.
    Dear friend try to use disk defragnment in your PC and this will actually make your pc even more better than before or otherwise clean up the unwanted files by running "%temp%" on the run and I think that this will solve your problem. Other wise try to refer the video which I have given below.
    If you want to prevent unwanted text messages by turning off the ability for someone to send you a text message via email. You can also request that text messaging be turned off completely.

video result
    Regards and thanks
    Rihan
    http://www.Techulator.com/r/rihan.aspx

Thanks Rihan for your useful information. And also I have a doubt. What is defragment and what are the uses. Please explain in details for know about defragment and its details.
    thanks and ragards
    SULTHAN

Regards
    SULTHAN

Hi Rihan,
    Thanks for your useful information providing in this thread. Can you explain me the work of defragment. It will be more useful for me and other members also.

Disk Defragmenter is a utility in Microsoft Windows designed to increase access speed by rearranging files stored on a disk to occupy contiguous storage locations, a technique called defragmentation. Defragmenting a disk minimizes head travel, which reduces the time it takes to read files from and write files to the disk.[1] Beginning with Windows XP, Disk Defragmenter also reduces system startup times
    steps taken for the process
    1 Open My Computer.
    2 Right-click the local disk volume that you want to defragment, and then click Properties.
    3 On the Tools tab, click Defragment Now.
    4Click Defragment.

Regards
    Rihan

Hi Rihan,
    This is a good information from you. Now i am able to know what is disk defragment and how it works.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.