You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Installation and Setup

LAN card doesn't work properly

Hi All member

I am facing some problem with my card. actually I my mother board LAN card did not work and then i brought a extra LAN card for Internet purpose. Now the problem is that when i insert my LAN card in the mother board slot and check it in the device manger where the card is also showing but the yellow sign mark showing on them. Its is also small icons of the computer in the my network places doesn't show. So kindly tell me why its happening give the reason and tell me how can I solve my problem.
    If you can give me best idea then please post your answer here.
    I think that you would try to update the driver of your LAN card. And also, you could try clicking into device manager and all you have to do is Right click on My Computer and click on the Hardware Tab which is on the top left side and click on Device Manager and then right click on the LAN card and tick uninstall and after that reboot the system and windows XP will re-installed on it. If you have any doubt be free to ask and we will try our best to explain it.
    Regards
    Rihan
    http://www.Techulator.com/r/rihan.aspx

Hi Zanib,
    Try to enable your LAN card and refresh your device manager. Just check one your old LAN card having any sort of problem or not. Then check the new card whether it is fix to your motherboard. If it does not fit you cannot use the new one. Fit in the sense your motherboard is accepting your new LAN card or not. Check this often your LAN card is enabled always.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.