You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Registry

How to clear windows registry mannually?

When I open my PC, it will take more time to boot up and start up. When I open photoshop or mozilla firefox or any other software it take more time to open. I iritate this problem. I am using Avg PC tune up and Avg antivirus. Their is no use. I want to know about how to clear windows registry. when i use avg pc tune up, it do not clear my registry fully. so i want to know how to clear registry mannually.
    Try to change your OS. sometimes it may take too much time to start up, because of virus problems too. Deleting the temp files which are running behind then and there will help to get a little bit faster performance(go to run->temp and delete the files). install C cleaner in your system.

Thanks and regards,
    Kalaivani.C

Hi Sulthan,
    Try to follow these steps in your system.
    1. launch the windows registry editor
    -click on START, then select RUN command
    -In run command type 'regedit' and press 'OK'.

2. Backup your existing registry before making changes
    -Click on the "File" menu and select "Export".
    -Select "All" in the "Export range" panel.
    -Choose a location for the backup and then enter a name.
    Click on "Save".

Thanks for your reply. if i change my os that will affect my datas. Because my PC contains lots of softwares, games and my studies materials. So if I will re install my OS, then it will takes lot of hours to install all softwares. I think my saved games also deleted.So i need to play in starting.
    Regards
    SULTHAN

Hi Sulthan,
    Yes Ofcourse you need to start from the begining if you change your os. It is because your contents are huge in numbers. So it is very difficult for you to change into new os when you are comfortable with the familiar old one.

I think that trying this technique will boost up your pc. First take the run option from the start menu if you are using windows xp other type the code given "%temp%" and then a new tab appears with lot of files then try to delete all the files in it perminently then after rebooting your pc it will work fine...

Hi friends,
    Now my PC is more fast than older one. But not too fast. I am very happy. I am looking for change my hardware components due to less performance. Can you any one suggest better hardware configuration for me?
    Thanks
    SULTHAN

Regards
    SULTHAN

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.