You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Found problem in my computer UPS

Hello members,

Recently I am facing a serious problem in my Frontech computer UPS. I purchased it 2.5 years ago. It normally gives around 20-25 minutes back up. But now a days it doesn't give even a second back up. Whenever electric power goes, my computer shuts down immediately. Thats why it gives a bad effect on computer OS. Some times I can't open my computer and after a several attempts I make a format of OS. Then it works fine.

So my question is- should I repair the UPS or I should buy a new one? What is the cost to repair? Please give me some valuable suggestions.

Thanks
    Hello Das,

I am also using Frontech UPS. As you have specified that your system gets shuts down just after power-cut, I think either your UPS battery has been discharged deeply or it can also be some circuit fault. Any circuit fault can also let your battery not to be charged properly. You can go either to get re-charge your battery or to purchase new one. But purchasing new one is the better option, in my opinion, as going to earlier option I had also lost my money only. This is my personal experience. A new battery will be cost around Rs.700/-.

For precautionary action, you should also check voltage fluctuation of electric supply at your workplace. As while controlling voltage fluctuation, battery also loses its charge.

Secondly you have mentioned that you have purchased your UPS 2.5 years earlier. If your talking about a small FRONTECH UPS which costs around Rs. 13,00/- then its better to replace it with new one instead of get it repaired and if you are talking about any expensive UPS then you can opt for repairing.

Try to consult or repair it from specialized technician with minimum cost, if it is not able to repair then you can buy a new UPS.
    Regards,
    Hafeezur Rahman

From my experience I am telling you even if you will try to get the UPS repaired, it not gonna work for long time. So, I will suggest you to buy a new one instead of wasting money on the repair.

Thanks and Regards,
    Ravneet Singh

You can go for the repair, the most common problem is the battery die after some time i also faced that problem but i replaced my UPS battery. My UPS is of APC and i am using it from last 5 years and it's still fine

Thanks friends for giving me such valuable suggestions. It will surely help me to proceed further.

thanks

Regards,
    Priyabrata Das

"Be Honest to You, not to others"

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.