You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Errors

Which problem occurs 64-bit operating system or application software runs 32-bit processor?

hi friends,
    More bits means more data can processed in larger chunks. In 1995, windows 95 is the first operating system introduced in 32-bit. Processors like pentium-1, pentium-2, pentium-3 and pentium-4 are made by 32-bit. Later pentium-4 is remade by 64-bit.
    A 32-bit operating system will run on a 32-bit or 64-bit processor without any problem but a 64-bit os will only run on a 64-bit processor.
    Samely a 32-bit or 64-bit application will run on a 32-bit or 64-bit os without any problem but a 64-bit application will only run on a 64-bit os. Microsoft will release windows8 with 128-bit. Tell more about here. Please response below.
    Hi,

I would like to inform you that, 64 Bit operating system support 64 Bit native environment. It can be installed on 64 Bit operating system to make full utilisation of 64 Bit processor and it can be speed up the processing speed of the software.

For Example: If you are using software which support 32 Bit operating system it will not work on 64 Bit processor.

However, if you are using 64 Bit support software then it will work on 32 Bit operating system but it will not utilize the speed of 64 Bit Or processor. It will use the speed of 32 Bit operating system.

Thanks
    Gaurav Jetly

Thanks for your valuable info jetly.
    Now i know this problem.

Thanks,
    vignesh waran

Thanks and Regards,
    Vignesh Waran

Hi,

If you would like to know anything, then please let us know.

Thanks

Gaurav Jetly

Sure jetly,

I publish my know info's in Techulator forms.

Thanks and Regards,
    Vignesh Waran

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.