You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 8

Freeze at login screen

Hi everyone,

I just noticed a bug happening a few times when booting my computer. When W8 boot up it stop at lock on screen with the picture. There is the logo of internet connection at the bottom left. Usualy there is a yellow /!\ for 1-2 seconds. But sometimes it stays there forever and when I type the password to log in, the computer freeze. I have to reboot the PC until the /!\ dissapear and I can log in fine.

Am I the only having this issue or it is a known one?

Thank you,
    Sam
    Hi Sam,
    The exclamation mark appears when there is a problem with network connectivity. First check the physical connections to the computer and to the router. If they are OK, click on the network icon and use the Troubleshoot option. If it doesn't work, call the Internet provider - I'm sure you'll get help.

hi member,

Seems that you have a problem while logging to your PC. the simple method to recover the problem is just press CNTRL+ALT+DEL, the task manager will appear just end the tasks which are usesless. there will be several task which are running there and hence cause trouble in booting windows. when you have finished the ending task just end explorer.exe it will end the windows explorer. after that press ALT+F and Run will appear and type explorer.exe. Now you can see the normal windows will appear.

Now type MSCONFIG in RUN and disable all the Startup viruses and save it. Finally you can see you windows to normal position. If the problem remains same run boot the system with operating system CD and repair it.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.