You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

How to speed up window 7 ?

In this question i want to ask that i had installed window 7 but it speed is very slow . It takes 1 or 2 minutes to start and it works very slowly. So please suggest me some tips to increase window 7 speed.
    Hi Pavnesh,

This occurs if you have too many Applications installed, or the Hardware Components are not sufficient to perform faster.

Try runnig this Fixit
    http://support.microsoft.com/mats/slow_windows_performance/

Try these steps- Hope this Helps

1) Try the Performance troubleshooter
    The first thing that you can try is the Performance troubleshooter, which can automatically find and fix problems. The Performance troubleshooter checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running at the same time.

Open the Performance troubleshooter by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting. Under System and Security, click Check for performance issues.

2. Delete programs you never use

3. Limit how many programs run at startup

4. Defragment your hard disk

5. Clean up your hard disk ( Run the Disk Clean up under All Programs - Accessories - System tools )

6. Turn off visual effects
    a. Open Performance Information and Tools by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type Performance Information and Tools, and then, in the list of results, click Performance Information and Tools.
    b. Click Adjust visual effects. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    c. Click the Visual Effects tab, click Adjust for best performance, and then click OK. (For a less drastic option, select Let Windows choose what's best for my computer.)

7. Check for viruses and spyware

Hi pavnesh,
    Mainly this is due to hardware problems. Windows 7 need 1 GB ram to work smoothly and fastly. Also depends on processor. So firsh check your configuration.
    Next if u add many software on start up that will affect your boot up and loading so you need to remove this from start up. Next if your PC contains lot of software it will affect your speed. So remove unwanted softwares from your hard disk. You can use some pc tune up softwares to speed up. Eg: C cleaner, avg pc tune up. thanks

Regards
    SULTHAN

Hi people,

It cannot be the problem with the Hardware components.

If it was any,
    Firstly, You would not able to install Windows
    Even though if your computer does get installed by hook or crook. You will have problems booting the Computer and not Computer running slow .

Hi Puvanesh,
    You need to uninstall the applications which you wont use in your system. More applications will damage your speed functionality. Dont install high resolution files more than one in numbers. This will cause your loading to take more time. Dont use more than one antivirus in your system. Always remove the files in the recycle bin. These are the few major problems which cause your system to get slow.

One of your problems could be that you don't have enough RAM and one thing that is nice in windows 7 is that you use Ready boost. Its not as fast a physical RAM but it is a lot fast than dealing with your paging on your hard disk. Ready boost uses a flash drive/thumb drive as temporary RAM one downfall is Ready boost is formatted in FAT32 instead of NTFS but besides the fact it is a cheap simple way to boost performance.

simple insert a flash drive into a USB port on your computer
    wait for the drivers to install and when the little window pops
    up, scroll down and there should be a Ready boost option, select
    it and follow the simple step by step set up, and as long as you leave the flash drive plug in it will stay designated as ready boost RAM

Let me know if this helps
    Blake Rogers
    IT Student
    Ranken Technical College

Friend my PC always becomes hang. The system will starts after a no. of restarting. Sometimes it only shows 'Windows7 Loading' and hangs. I don't know what to do. I have cleaned my RAM and also checks my hardisk. But there are no problem with them. If you have any ideas for me, then please share it.
    Regards,
    Fayaz.

Hi fayaz,
    Windows 7 operating system need more memory, RAM and processor than older versions. So check the configuration of your device. Hanging is due to out of memory error.
    Thanks
    SULTHAN

Regards
    SULTHAN

I suggest you to change your RAM and and your processor because the minimum condition that required to work windows 7 & windows 8 on your pc is 2GB RAM is requried and the processor need is core to duo or higher version is required. If you change these all hardware components you can surely make your pc fast and if you still facing the same problem then try to run this code in the seach menu "%temp%" and press enter and a new tab with lot of files will come try to delete all the files by holding the shift key and still you are facing problem then try some itunes software and partition you harddisk to a single space it will take a time to do that but after doing that your pc will be much smoother and faster than before.
    Regards &Thanks
    Rihan
    http://www.Techulator.com/r/rihan.aspx

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.