Below are the few differences I know.
- Linux is free, while UNIX flavors are very expensive.
- Linux can runs on many hardware platforms, where as UNIX runs on proprietary hardware machines only, which are costly.
- With Linux, you can manage almost everything, create multiple users. but with Unix, You will be the only user
- Both have same command line commands.
- Linux feels very much like Dos where as Unix feels like a Mainframe
- Unix Operating system was developed in 1969 at Bell labs whereas LINUX operating system was made by LINUX Torvalds.
- Unix is widely used in internet servers and workstations where as Linux widely used on personal computers
- Linux Operating system is based on the kernel of Unix operating system
This is very nice question About both operating system.
In my Point of view Linux is free easy to use and It run on many hardware platform.Through this OS you can mange many thing create multiple users, And Linux Operating system is based on the kernel.
UNIX are very moderate and expensive Os Its run on proprietary hardware machines which are very costly.Through this OS you can mange and create only one user and its operating system developed in 1969 and made by the Linux Torvalds.
The Unix is widely used in internet servers and workstations where as Linux widely used on personal computers.
The main difference I would posin out is Linux is free and readily available with loads of apps to install