You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

Operating system: Window 7 security features

In this article I am going to give a overview of the various Windows 7 security features.
    It is mainly intended for the home and power user and so I will not be covering EVERY security feature.
    Windows Security Features List
    1). User Account Control - UAC

The User Account Control is a feature in Windows 7 that can help you stay in control of your computer by informing you when a program makes a change that requires administrator-level permission. For instance if your computer gets infected with a spyware application whilst surfing the Internet and it tries to install on your computer, it will activate a UAC warning.

2). Windows Firewall
    The Windows 7 Firewall can help prevent hackers and malicious software, such as viruses, from gaining access to your computer through the Internet. It also prevents worms and viruses from sending out messages from your computer as it block suspicious traffic both ways.

3). Windows Action Center
    The Windows "Action Center" consolidates message traffic from key Windows maintenance and security features, including Windows Defender and User Account Control.

4). Windows Defender
    Windows Defender is software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer.

5). Microsoft Security Essentials
    Microsoft Security Essentials is an antivirus software created by Microsoft that provides protection against viruses, spyware, root kits, and Trojans for Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7, free of charge.
    Dear member
    Window 7 has awesome look. It is better than window vista and window xp.

Dear friend, windows 7 is much greater than windows xp. All the features included in the windows 7 is super. The performance of the computer is even good. The design and tools used in the windows is awesome. Our computer will be safe if we use windows 7. Now windows 8 is also released i hope it will also cool. I am trying to download but i didn't got it. Lets see what will happen the next generation of windows.

dear members,
    window 7 is better than xp and vista in almost every field. the design is superb. it give look and feel facility. It provide many new gadget. the starting screen, wallpaer, booting window, desktop everything is awesome. It also provide strong security ac compared to window xp and vista.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.