You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Errors

Task Manager is Disabled.

I am facing a problem with my windows xp sp2. Whenever i try to open task manager it shows a message "task manger is disabled by the administrator". I tried to solve this problem using "regedit",but there also i am facing the same problem. I also tried gpedit.msc. But result is still same. If any body has ever faced the problem please let me know the solution.
    Thanks
    First of all U want to all you, your writing in have same mistake .for example you have "I" in small letter but "I" always written in Capital letter
    to disable task manager Press Ctrl Key -->Alt Key --> Del Key
    It may be solve your problem

Thanks Phagu for you response. But i think you could not understand the problem.I don't want to disable the task manager. Actually in my pc, i am unable to open the task manager.I have tried everything to solve the problem. Registry editor is also disabled.

Delete Attachment

Whenever i type Ctrl Key -->Alt Key --> Del Key . It shows as follows in picture:

Delete Attachment

Hello Arvind,
    This problem has occured due to virus in your system. I faced a similar problem and found a solution to it. You can remove it using a software.
    Go to google and make search for "Download RRT for enabling task manager".

Hope fully your problem will be solved.
    Thanks and Regards,
    Ankit Sharma

Every one in their computing life span comes across this problem of task manager disabled.
    This is generally due to the virus present in the system. Virus directly act on this task manager so that the user can not able to kill the process.
    to solve this problem use antivirus or use some settings present on net for solving this problem

with regards
    amit gupta

Dear Arvind,

Microsoft was stopped support for Windows XP and sure the process of elimination XP operating system was started year before, hence its good to switch Windows 7. The newer operating system's are having great features and very easy to use.

with best regards
    Vilas

Hello Arvind,

For this you have to follow these steps.

1. Click on start Run or use short key windows + R.

2. type Regedit and press enter .

3. An explorer windows open .

4. Select Hkey Current User.

After that you have to check from one of them

First :

Under HKEY current user select Software
    than under software option select MIcrosoft then Windows than current Version than policies than system

after that on screen you have some files
    Click on file named Disable task manager file type is REG_DWORD

HKEY_CURRENTUSER>Software>Microsoft>Window > Current Version > Policy > system
    use this hirerichy to get that file

If it is not working than under Microsoft you will get an option Window NT select that under that you will get an option Current Version under that Choose Task Manager option than right click on Default File and choose Modify option

enter value 0 to enable it.

HKEY_CURRENTUSER>Software>Microsoft>Windows NT > Current Version > Task Manager

Depend of you Xp version and type which will work.....

Thanks everybody for your response.

@Yogesh : My registry editor is also not working, i have already mentioned this in the main post>

@Ankit Sharma : my problem is solved using RRT, but still there is a problem. I have to run the RRT software everytime i want to open the task manager. Please suggest something more effective.

Hello Dear
    This is very easy to remove this command in your pc.Please follow these simple steps to resolve your problem.

>First click on start and go to Run.

>Type Regedit and press enter .

>An explorer windows open .

>Select Hkey Current User.

Then your problem will be solve and check the operating again by pressing these three keys at a time

ALT+Ctrl+Del keys which are given in the keyboard.If you see problem feel free contact with me.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.