You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Other Security Issues

Fake Website's and Email's (Spam).

I have received a lot of messages from People,saying that i have won a Jackpot worth milion's of GBP(Great Britain Pounds). I have Observed that all these messages sent by fake people having their addresses from UK. I wonder ho they got my email ID!!!. There are also some fake Websites that fool people in various ways. How can we stay away from such fraud Web activities??!!!.
    Hi member
    That e-mail are just fake and making you fool.So please delete that e-mail and don't follow the instruction.that mails goes directly to your Spam option in Google.so be careful.

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

Hi All,

Please don't answer to mails or SMS which says that your email or mobile number has won so much cash amount in Lucky Draw, so and so on, all such type of SMS and email are fake.

Don't give your personal information to unknown persons on web or phone like name, address, account number, ID proof, moble no, DOB, etc.

It may harm you if some uses your identity and do some mischief here or their, then you may fall in trouble, so please don't reply to such fake SMS or email with your personal information.

-------------------
    Regards
    Mehmood Sultan

Dear Friends,

I have also received many mails like this. All are fake and irritate us. Better to send this kind mails to spam folder. We don't open this mails and not to follow the instructions given in this mail. These messages are cheating us and get money from us in illegal way. so, Take at most care while reading the messages from your Email.

With regards,

S.Manoharan.

friends i have also recieved such an email in which it is written that u have been nominated as a nominee for recieving the half the amount of my billion dollars property and he said that he is from u.k. . So friends dont go with them they all are fake they fraudly ask your bank account no and if you give them the account no then they transfer your balance to their account so please aware of these msgs and emails and dont go with them.

Hi All,

I have also received this mails but that time i didn't know that . I gave information except account no . They called me from a Bombay and UK No and demanding for postal Charges i have to debit in their account. These all are purely fake......

So many persons were cheated in this fake. A man needs is a profit so how jackpot and other sweeptakes doing companies get profit through it. Some companies use this as a tool of advertising. But a jackpot without any trusted. So be safe care yourself.

Hi,

I think you know how to stay away from such fraud web activities. Knowledge, information, awareness and alertness are the main ingredients to keep you stay away from such faradism.
    As far as your mobile number or email ID is concerned, they have so many ways to get them. There are many paid dictionaries over internet which are doing so by scanning various sites for these information. They use small applications which can enter in any such sites to still your information.

Here I want to share one incident which happened with me before a couple of weeks. I was googling for some information when I came across to such a paid dictionary. It was claiming to give a person's personal information from his or her email ID. I entered my email ID there and became surprise to see that it was displaying my facebook profile picture, although that wasn't the ID which I use in facebook and most importantly, my email ID is not displayed to anyone (including people in my friend list) in my profile on facebook.
    So, you need to be aware and alert to keep youself away from these fraud web activities.

Hope it'll help you

Regards
    Ajatshatru

With the fellow members responses, you might have already understood not to respond such kind of fake spam emails. But you can do the following to avoid such emails in future.
    1. Mark those kind of emails as spam
    2. Go to settings and add the sender's email id to the block list of email addresses. It ensures that, you will not receive any emails from that sender in future.

Happy Browsing.

Regards,
    K K

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.