You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 2008 features

Access permission for a folder

Hai Friends,

I am using Windows 2008 as the development environment. In that server I have a folder in my D: drive.

As my system is in network so others are also able to open my system by using the network path.

Now I want to give the permission for few users for that folder so that others should not be able to open it and see the contents indie the folder.

Also if I want to add a group or a particular domain users, then how to perform this task in Windows Server 2008.

Please help me as it's urgent.
    you can easily use file sharing method with acl-access control if it is domain based you can easily use home folder method to a particular group or a typical user

Yes this nice question where you can get a good answer.you can use folder sharing method and then the user of other computer in your network can access to you folder and get data from the folder.If you want to share a folder in drive D then go to in their properties and sharing option and share you drive.Otherwise if you want to share a folder in drive D then just go to the folder Properties and go to and see sharing option and look at share your folder a network.This method you can share you required folder.
    If you feel any inconvenience please contact with me i will help you for further assistance.Please don't hesitate and contact with me.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.