You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

How to find port number in windows 7 Operating System?

Hi,

I have one HP Laptop with windows 7 operating System. I want to find port number in my system.

What are the port number available in Hp Laptop. Please help to find out port number in windows 7 Operating System?

Thanks in Advance.
    Hai Smart,

The Port numbers are hidden in Windows7 Operating System and they are not directing visible like Vista or any other previous versions Operating Systems.

To Open the port number, you can use the below steps:

1. Go to the Window Firewall or Go to Start --> Control Panel --> System and Security -->Firewall

2. Go to Control Panel Home and then click on the "Allow a Program or Feature to Windows Firewall"
    You will get the list of Risks with the check boxes.

3. Click on Change Settings button and change as per your requirements.

Hope it will help.

Hi smart,
    to find port number in windows 7 operating System,follow the instruction-
    1)Choose Start→Control Panel. Click the System and Security link and then click Windows Firewall.
    2)On the left, click the Advanced Settings link.
    3)On the left, click Inbound Rules. Then, on the right, under Actions, click the New Rule link.
    4)select the option marked Port and click Next.
    5)In the Specific Local Ports box, type the ports you want to open, separated by commas, and then click Next.
    6)Choose Allow the Connection and click Next.
    7)Check the boxes for Private or any other desired network type, and then click Next.
    8)Type a name (usually the name of whatever program required the opening). Click Finish.

Regards,
    Priyabrata Das

"Be Honest to You, not to others"

Hi Smart
    I think our above both are member give a proper answer.Please follow the instruction and solve your problem.

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.