You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows 7 Features

How to Install Internet Information Services in Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

I am new this MWC site and asking one Question to all MWC Members. I have a laptop, that has installed windows 7 64bit Operating System. In My Laptop, not installed IIS and management Console. I want to Install IIS in my Laptop.

Please tell me How to Install Internet Information Services in Windows 7 64 bit Operating System.
    Dear Smart,

You can download IIS and management console from official IIS Microsoft website. Follow the steps given while installing. Restart your computer, now you are ready to use.

with best regards
    Vilas

Hi Smart,

You have many official websites for the IIS and management console. you can download those as vilas said. And you can search it in open source also. It is a simple way to find it and install in you laptop. You could able to use it.

Hai Smart,

There are many websites which can explain you about the installation on 62 Bit Windows OS.

But there is a website from IIS which will explain each and every step in detail to install the IIS7 on windows 7 Operating System.

See the below link which will describe about the Installation of IIS7 with Windows7 Operating System:

http://learn.iis.net/page.aspx/28/installing-iis-7-on-windows-vista-and-windows-7/

Hi,

Thank you all to response to my Post.

I am getting error message Management Console Service is not installed in your machine.

Thanks
    S.Suresh

Thanks and Regards
    Suresh

Windows 7 like Vista and Windows 8 have a section for adding Windows features to the system. Go in the control panel,select Programs and features . After it opens check the left side for " Turn Windows features on or off" Click to open,it takes a minute, there you will see IIS and other features. Place a check in box next to what you want to enable.
    Hope this helps you out. Oh yes if you use ATI display select Net.3.5 and 4.5 help with the driver install.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.