You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows XP

Some Errors facing during XP operating Installtion

Hello

i am facing some errors when i installed fresh copy of Xp window service pack 2.when i insert the CD in Rom,after booting my system.this error is show on the screen."system did not found hard disk drive "then i switch off my computer and check Data cable and power cable then i restart my computer.when my computer reached on mention stage message will again display on the screen.so what problem with my Computer?or it is problem with my CD or CD Rom?please tell me answer what is happening with computer?
    Hi ,

Read below article i hope it will be helpful for your problem

howtogeek.com/howto/windows/resolving-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/

Regards,

Dear Aamir Shahzad,

Their may be problem with CD. Or you can first format all hard-drive of your computer then try for it.

with best regards
    Vilas

Hi Aamir,

Check what is your first boot option.
    if cd then it may be booting problem or cd drive problem.

else if its harddisk then check the setting of master and slave jumper on your harddisk.

keep posting your doubt.

Thanks
    zini paya

Hello Aamir,
    This is a known error. When you are trying to downgrade your OS, if the hard disk is SATA drive and it was locked. for this you can change in BIOS to off SATA option.

Your system proabaly came set to "RAID Autodetect / AHCI" - THIS SETTING CAUSES YOUR SYSTEM TO GO INTO AN IDE LOOP AND DOESN'T ALLOW IT TO FIND YOUR FACTORY INSTALLED SATA DRIVE.

for solution check below link :
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows/resolving-setup-did-not-find-any-hard-disk-drives-during-windows-xp-installation/

Regards,
    Manoranjan Sahoo

Hi Farooq sab

yes i check your given link now i solve my problem.

Thanks AND Regards

Aamir khan

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

Hi zini

zini here Sata drive is installed in my PC so it is no necessary for changing Jumper or master or On Slave.i also check Boot section and i found my disk drive.which is on master.

REgards

aamir khan

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

Hello Aamir Shahzad

Generally these type problem occurs due to the booting sequence problem. Please check the CMOS battery is working properly. You can check the correctness of time of CPU. If the system does not shows time properly then replace the battery of CPU. Then check the startup boot sequence of your system. If the name of hard disk shows in the boot sequence at top then there will not be a problem in installation of Windows XP. If you are installing Windows XP from CD then make the default system settings to start from CD. After installation of Windows XP you can change default boot device to hard disk.

Thanks & Regards
    Dinesh Sood
    Gold Member - MyWindowsClub.com

Editor & Diamond Member - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Hi Aamir,

This is the nice thread produced by you. As you mentioned in the above, The problem is in with CD only. There may be some data's or files been not found while installing. This makes many errors while installing the operating system in the system. Try to check the CD and make use of it.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.