You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Windows Server

How to create a database

I am using the SQL Server 2008 to create the database. I have to create a database of something like the below situation:
    1. I have the controls something like the browser menus -> File, Edit,View etc.
    2. These menus also have their sub menus e.g. File -->New Tab etc.

Now there are no fixed tabs as later we can add few more tabs either main tab or tabs under the main tabs.
    So for this i need to create the database.
    Please suggest.
    For this follow below steps.

Step 1 : Create one database with some name. for ex : dbmenu

Step 2 : Now Create 3 tables inside it. One for main menu, one for sub menu, one for sub menu of submenu.

Then you can make relationship as mainmenu table with submenu and submenu table with submenu of submenu.

if you want the exact steps for creating table and database then let me know i will give you.

Thank You.

Regards,
    Manoranjan Sahoo

Regards,
    Manoranjan Sahoo

Hi Pawan,

It is really a nice thread from you about the database creation. Mr.Sahoo have been given such a nice clearance for you. You can try that in your system. If anything means you can ask us.

Hi Sahoo and Bharat,
    Thanks for the quick response.
    But my problem is still is not solved because tomorrow if i want to add one more sub menu of the last sub menu then how i can create it?? For that i again need one more table and give reference to previous parent sub menu table.
    Please see the line i have already mentioned in my post "Now there are no fixed tabs as later we can add few more tabs either main tab or tabs under the main tabs."
    So this way will not solve my problem. But anyway thanks for the responses.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.