You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Firewall

Can anyone explain how the firewall works?

Can anyone explain how the firewall works over net as well to system?
    This tread is created to discuss about how the firewall works through internet. What are all its benefits, functions, utilities?
    How the firewall helping to the system for the user?
    What are all the basic needs and requirement to have the firewall in system?
    Hello,

I define firewall in one word as its nothing but the wall between your system and the internet (other network)connected to your system. There is no much more requirements for this and it comes with windows automatically. And really it is a great protector for our system.

Regards,
    G1

"People says 143. I say 444 i.e. Love Your Life"

Hi Jeevan,

Good work. Nice information by you. As you said firewall is really a wall between the system as well internet. But most of them not using this much about it. Its because many of them were not aware of it.

Can you say how to make implement this to all knowledge.

Regards,
    Bharath

Hello,

I think this is the good feature of the Windows cause whenever your firewall is turned off. Windows will pop up saying you are at risk and all. So it becomes very easy to operate and this helps us to protect our system.

Regards,
    G1

"People says 143. I say 444 i.e. Love Your Life"

Hi jeevan,

Very thankful information from you. I feel just to try it in my content on system. Let us i first work it with what information you have been given to me.

Hello Bharath

In the field of Information technology and networking a firewall is must. As the name is already clear Fire + Wall means a wall of fire. From which the data will pass. And the fire will remove all the dangerous particles like virus, trojan and hackers etc. If anyone using the Internet for long time and in the organisation or company and browse the Internet at the time of working. There is the need of firewall. Using firewall we can make restrictions on users to use the particular websites. Example we can stop social networking website to use in organisation. We can use firewall at home as well as at large office. Firewall protect the home or office network from offensive web sites and potential hackers. Basically, using a firewall we can make a barrier to keep out side users from our network. This is the main reason it is called firewall. Firewall protects us from virus, threats and virus like activities.

With best regards
    Dinesh Sood
    Gold Memebr - MyWindowsClub.com

Editor & Diamond Member - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Primarily, firewalls allow or block network traffic between devices based upon rules set up by the firewall administrator. Each rule defines a specific traffic pattern you want the firewall to detect and the action you want the firewall to take when that pattern is detected.

A firewall can only operate on communications traffic that physically passes through it. A firewall has no impact on traffic between two devices on the same "side" of the firewall (i.e., both connected to the same firewall network card or port).

Criteria Used to Identify Communication Sessions

When the firewall receives a request from a device on one side to communicate with a device on a different side, it compares information about the request against each firewall rule in sequence until a match is found. The following information is considered:

-- The network address of the device initiating the communication ("source") is compared against the list of sources contained within the rule.
    -- The network address of the device whose services are requested ("destination") is compared against the list of destinations contained within the rule.
    -- The service being requested (e.g., Web, mail, file transfer, terminal session, etc.) is compared against the list of services contained within in the rule.

Additional Criteria Provided by Some Vendors
    Some firewall products can also consider not only the service type, but also the specific actions, files or elements involved. For example, between specific sources and destinations, a firewall may:

-- allow Web requests to proceed except for certain Web pages,
    -- allow file transfers to proceed from destination to source but not vice versa,
    -- allow file transfers to proceed except for certain named files.

Regards,
    Manoranjan Sahoo

Your nice post about firewall.as above mention Firewall is a word and wall is full system.in information technology and computer science the best definition is about clear Fire + Wall means a wall of fire.some times primarily, firewalls allow or block network traffic between devices based upon rules set up by the firewall administrator. so in computer system each rule defines a specific traffic pattern you want the firewall to detect and the action you want the firewall to take when that pattern is detected.firewall only operate in communication traffic that physically passes.its works between two terminal same side one is port and an other is firewall.
    i hope above answer will best for you.

Regards

Aamir khan

Silver Member-Dotnetspider.com

Silver Member- indiastudychannel.com

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

Hi Dinesh,

This is a very nice explanation from you. Well explained. Thanks for the nice information. Keep on producing information like this.

Hi Aamir and Sahoo,

Thank you very much for your kind information. Hope this information would help all the members. And many others too.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.