You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Other Microsoft Products

Introduction To .NET

Let's start by quoting from wikipedia: "The .NET Framework (pronounced dot net) is a software framework for Microsoft Windows operating systems. It includes a large library, and it supports several programming languages which allows language interoperability (each language can use code written in other languages). The .NET library is available to all the programming languages that .NET supports."

Our definition: .NET Framework is a great developing plateform that allows you to do everything you want the way you want!
    Question : I use PHP, why should I change?
    The answer is pretty simple: PHP allows you to build websites only, but with the .NET you can build Websites, Windows, Linux, Mac,Windows Phone, iOS, Android Apps, and websites, you can also build SilverLight/WPF Apps! all this with one language! awesome no? You can even query databases with your language!
    Next, the .NET Framework languages are managed, that means you don't have to worry about unloading variables or about crashing the system, the GC will do every thing for you! It will unload everything unnecessary from the memory without your intervention! And with the JIT you will compile only what you need when you need, it is not necessary any more to compile your entire code when you are going to use only one method! The JIT will compile your MSIL code to Machine code when and only when you need it to provide you a better performance.

This is not what the .NET Framework offer, no, this is only a small part of it's features, this framework offers a very huge Base Class Library that provide you all what you need, from the user interface to the data access, one important thing about the data access, if you are not familliar with databases and SQL Syntax don't worry! The new Entity Framework allows you to treat Databases' tables as objects! something you are familliar with! And the LINQ (Language INtegrated Query) allows you to query your database within your code with your .NET programming language! Wether your querying a XML File, a SQL Server Database, Oracle Database, MySQL Database.. You will use one unified querying suntax!
    After building your first app using this framework, you will be surprised : "Wow! How was that easy!" either you are new to the developement or you are comming from another platform or language (PHP, Java, VB6 …etc).

With the .NET Framework, building apps was never easier!
    Hi,

Nice information from you Amine. You can post like this in resources.If you do like that means you will get more points and even you can earn. Good information from you. It is more useful for me.

Regards,
    Bharath

Hai Benmekki Mohammed El Amine,
    Welcome to MWC. As you are a new member of this site i recommend you to visit New Member FAQ So that you can understand the system. I appreciate you for your article and the way you have explained it, is amazing and superb. But as it is the forum section so you will not get nice points and cash for posting your article here instead you can post or share your articles in resource section where you will get the proper points and cash for your article and your effort. For any details feel free to contact us, we feel please to help you.

Regards,
    Jeevan

"People says 143. I say 444 i.e. Love Your Life"

Hello amine

welcome to MWC.i think your new MWc.so it is best for you please submit your these knowledge in Resource section where you get many point and revenue sharing from webmaster.here is only discussion forum where you ask question and give answer.here you also get the answer your problems.so this forum use only for discussion.
    i hope now submit your knowledge in article section.

Regards

Silver Member on http://www.MyWindowsClub.com/r/falconboy.aspx

Silver Member on http://www.dotnetspider.com/r/falconboy.aspx

Silver Member on http://www.IndiaStudyChannel.com/r/falconboy.aspx

Aamir khan

Never lie someone Who trust on you.
    Never Trust Someone who lies you.

Regards & Thanks
    Aamir Khan

Hello Benmekki Mohammed El Amine

Heartiest welcome to My Windows Club. As you are new to My Windows Club, you should need to read Frequent Asked Questions for New Members and MyWindowsClub.com Terms of Use.

Thanks for sharing this good information and please note that you should need post only self written material in any section of MWC.

Thanks & Regards
    Dinesh Sood
    Gold Memebr - MyWindowsClub.com

Editor & Diamond Member - IndiaStudyChannel.com

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.